This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Software

Can I somehow open up an Outlook .pst file?

1 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Looking for the outcome? Ask AI

I would like to know if there is a why to open up and explore a .pst file without using Outlook itself.

I would like to be able to open the .pst up to see what folder names and/or emails are inside of it without having to IMPORT it all and/or use Outlook.

I have an end-user with about a dozen or so .pst files.  He is a VERY high email user.  He has sub-folders … upon sub-folders … All these folders are archived into their own .pst files.

When trying to import one of the .pst files … we were not sure which emails were inside of it because the only thing we had to go on was the .pst file name itself (called personal_folders.pst, personal_folders1.pst, etc).

Thanks in advance for your time and any reply.

Ask AI

AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date

Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI