As I need to reformat/reinstall Windows XP I am backing everything up, but I have a problem when it comes to Outlook.
I have saved the .pst files onto CD using Nero. On properties the read only box is unchecked. When we insert the disc into anther computer we are unable to open the files. We have followe the import procedure. We get an error message. File Access is denied. You do not have the permission required to access the file.
How do we get to see these emails, as I don't want to reformat before these are saved?
Help much appreciated
When you create (burned) the CD in Nero, did you select to "Finalize" the CD?
If you left the CD open to "multi-sessions" which would allow you to add more stuff to the CD later, you might not have permissions established to open the Outlook .pst.
CD-R is fine, but Nero still gives you the option for "multi-session" vs. "finalize" in the options under "Burn".
You can put the CD with .pst already saved on it back in your CD Burner and walk through the Nero options and then burn again with Finalize.
There may be something else going on with permissions, but I've seen the condition that I've described to you cause the problem you are describing to us here.
Best Regards
I was using the backup wizard, and don't see any option to finalise, in fact didn't see any options under burn, it just said burn. Will it work if I save to CD-RW?
✨ Ask AI
AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date
Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI