I was helping my pastor with his computer and now have this problem. I formatted His system and reinstalled the OS (XP) and all the software. I backed up all of the data needed and all went well except this.
He was using Outlook Express 6 for his mail and wanted to switch to Outlook 2002 which he has. I exported the Outlook Express 6 messages to a .pst file. Now I can’t open the file with Outlook Express 6 or Outlook 2002.
Any ideas regarding reading and importing this file would be greatly appreciated.
Thank you
Hi ariggs,
Oh boy, PST files.. We have such fun with these in work. So much so we've banned them and put a gpo that disables them.
How were you trying to import the PST? May i suggest;
Click: File, Open, Outlook Data File, then browse to wherever the PST Archive is stored. Open it, and it should appear on the left hand side for you.
Hope this helps,
'Bob
Hi Bob,
this is what's weird. I have the pst file on a flash drive the was exported from Outlook Express 6. Now if I use File, Open, Outlook Data File, browse to the file or File, Import, select pst, browse to the file with either Outlook Express 6 or Outlook 2002 I get an error saying "This version of the Personal File Folder Manager is not compaible with this file.
I used Outlook Express 6 to export the file one would think it would be able to open it or import it buy noooo. Bummer.
–Alex
✨ Ask AI
AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date
Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI