Software
BSOD
9 min read
Peter1
Topic Starter
Hello
Macrium rescue disc created the bsod.
I inserted the disc which was to create an updated version and the pc kept booting and rebooting with the blue screen. I could only read dump files but it dropped off too quickly.
I finally stopped it from booting by inserting another rescue disc(the backup was gone but the disc seemed to stop the cycling) and it seems to run ok now.
Any harm done?
Thank you
Doug
I'm not clear exactly what the problem statement is.
1. Used a Macrium Rescue CD to boot, in order to create a fresh updated .iso image of the Hard Drive - Result - repeating BSOD's no beneficial result
2. Used a Macrium Rescue CD to boot, in order to create a fresh updated .iso image of the Hard Drive - Result - repeating BSOD's but did create an .iso image which was not saved, instead it was lost when machine was shut down or when a different Rescue CD was inserted.
3. Inserting a different Rescue CD stopped the BSOD cycling, and "it" worked, meaning: an .iso was successfully created?
4. Inserting a different Rescue CD stopped the BSOD cycling, and "it" worked, meaning: no .iso has been created, nor saved, but the machine and Windows are running well with no problem… still need to create updated .iso back-up.
____________________
Need your clarification, please.
Doug
"Probably" no harm done.
I'd run the machine for a while, trying your various applications, and browsing the internet as usual.
Once you have determined that the machine is working in a familiar manner, you may then decide to again attempt to create a back-up .iso.
______________________
I think that is my answer to what I think was your question.
You could always run and post Results with PCPitstop Overdrive.
We would then get a pretty good overview of how your machine is presently performing.
Your choice.
Peter1
Hi Doug
I am glad to be able to acces the forum again and I hope all is running well.
Thank you for the reply. I did create a new rescue disk but checked off two Macrium advanced buttons "just in case" and now have a rescue disc that can locate my backup and I can better work with the disc should i have problems again..
>>You could always run and post Results with PCPitstop Overdrive.
We would then get a pretty good overview of how your machine is presently performing.
Your choice.
I am not aware of what you wrote above. Is it a place where my machine is analized and reports any problems?
Is it secure and is it invasive as to the content of my machine.
Could bad guys benefit from the information?
If safe, I would be wiling to learn.
Thank you
Peter
P.S. It is likethe doctor's office when you ask the doctor,"Would you advise this for your father?"
Doug
Safe and non-invasive.
Does not access your saved documents or personally identifying information.
Bad-guys could do nothing bad with it.
Please Run the PCPitstop.com OverDrive Full Tests
Here's how:
You must use your Internet Explorer for this procedure. (doesn't work so well in Firefox or others). If your machine is running Vista or Windows 7, you must Select IE to “Run as Administrator”. After completing PCPitstop OverDrive you can close your IE browser and re-open it Normally so that you are no longer running as administrator.
Go to: http://www.pcpitstop.com
Click on "Free Computer Check-up" listed below PC Pitstop OverDrive
In the User Login - Click on "Sign up FREE!"
You'll need to submit a valid email address and create your own password, then click - Create Account(button)
Now enter your email address and password to Log in, Select - Scan this system Now!(button)
You will then be asked to download an ActiveX component and allow it to install.
It is safe and does not compromise your privacy.
Follow the on-screen prompts to install the ActiveX and to allow the Full Tests to be run on your machine.
The Full Tests take about 2 1/2 - 3 minutes on most machines.
When complete, a Results - Summary - Recommended Fixes will be displayed.
Please post the URL internet address, from your Results, back here into this Topic Thread so that we can review the configuration and present performance levels of your machine.
Note: During the graphics 2D and graphics 3D testing, your screen will display some rapidly moving objects.
If you are sensitive to visual flashing, it may cause dizziness. Therefore, look away from the screen during that portion of the testing.
After reviewing the results we will be more informed and may be able to provide better recommendations for you to work towards improving your machine's performance.
While PCPitstop does offer a variety of Paid Products, the PCPitstop OverDrive testing is FREE. Please ignore the references to Paid Products. At WTT we prefer to provide manual solution instructions that you can apply directly to your machine.
Best Regards
Does not access your saved documents or personally identifying information.
Bad-guys could do nothing bad with it.
Please Run the PCPitstop.com OverDrive Full Tests
Here's how:
You must use your Internet Explorer for this procedure. (doesn't work so well in Firefox or others). If your machine is running Vista or Windows 7, you must Select IE to “Run as Administrator”. After completing PCPitstop OverDrive you can close your IE browser and re-open it Normally so that you are no longer running as administrator.
Go to: http://www.pcpitstop.com
Click on "Free Computer Check-up" listed below PC Pitstop OverDrive
In the User Login - Click on "Sign up FREE!"
You'll need to submit a valid email address and create your own password, then click - Create Account(button)
Now enter your email address and password to Log in, Select - Scan this system Now!(button)
You will then be asked to download an ActiveX component and allow it to install.
It is safe and does not compromise your privacy.
Follow the on-screen prompts to install the ActiveX and to allow the Full Tests to be run on your machine.
The Full Tests take about 2 1/2 - 3 minutes on most machines.
When complete, a Results - Summary - Recommended Fixes will be displayed.
Please post the URL internet address, from your Results, back here into this Topic Thread so that we can review the configuration and present performance levels of your machine.
Note: During the graphics 2D and graphics 3D testing, your screen will display some rapidly moving objects.
If you are sensitive to visual flashing, it may cause dizziness. Therefore, look away from the screen during that portion of the testing.
After reviewing the results we will be more informed and may be able to provide better recommendations for you to work towards improving your machine's performance.
While PCPitstop does offer a variety of Paid Products, the PCPitstop OverDrive testing is FREE. Please ignore the references to Paid Products. At WTT we prefer to provide manual solution instructions that you can apply directly to your machine.
Best Regards
Peter1
Thank you, Doug. I will be on it as soon as I can and report back.
Peter1
I have MSIE 9 and do not know if it is fouling things up but when I create the account then sign in, I do not get " Scan this system Now."
I see the same page as I did before logging in with words offering free scans but it does not feel right. Your note seemed to indicate something would be alerted by loggin in with the words you quoted.
All Isee is,"Why is your pc so slow -free scan." I don' think that is what you meant.
I will try again later.
Peter
terry1966
Ztruker
From PCPitStop:
That really "Inhales Vigorously" but is to be expected … path of least resistance.May 20, 2005: Users have reported an increasing number of issues in trying to get Neptune to work, so PC Pitstop no longer recommends the use of Neptune with Mozilla or Opera. We strongly suggest that you simply use Internet Explorer for testing. Once you have tested, you can review your results using any browser. If you are unable to test with IE, please see our testing FAQ or ask a question on our forums.
Peter1
I am still trying. When I get it I will report back.
Meanwhile I did some research and found the advice to do the following. It may not apply to my case as Google ianswers are only as good as my questions.
>>In Control Panel click System. Click the Advanced tab, and then click Settings under Startup and Recovery. In the Write debugging information list, click Small memory dump (64k).
I did that but found mine says small dump256MB not 64 K.
What am I accomplishing with this, if it is advisable. Is a preventive measure or some place I can read as to what occured or a diagnosic?
Better to forget?
I'll report back with the test as my log in seems to be an issue I will work out.
Peter1
I have finished the tet but do not know how to post the url internet address for you!!
Doug
Post the URL from the Summary Fixes - Recommended Fixes panel of your Results.
Here's a screenshot. The red line points to the URL that you should copy/paste into your next reply to this Topic.
PCPitstop_OverDrive_URL.doc.jpg
Peter1
There were no recommended fixes and I used a flash drive in the laptop we are testing to copy the fixes and inserted it in the desktop where I am reading your directions. I tried to cipy the url to the falshdrive but it would not work.
I clicked on fixes first and this is what it gave me.
Is this what you need?
Peter1
Is this better -I copied it from the tested pc
http://www.pcpitstop.com/betapit/sec.asp?conid=24394414
http://www.pcpitstop.com/betapit/sec.asp?conid=24394414
Peter1
This is from the tested machine directly. Hope it is what you need. Sorry about the fuss.
http://www.pcpitstop.com/betapit/sec.asp?conid=24394414
http://www.pcpitstop.com/betapit/sec.asp?conid=24394414
Ask AI
AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date
Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI