This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Software

Macrium Reflect

3 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Looking for the outcome? Ask AI

Hello When File Hippo upgraded Macrium Reflect does it mean I should create a new rescue disc? Should I also run a new image? I don't have access to the forum as I have a free version. Thank you Peter
Hi Peter, Macrium Reflect regularly updates and patches into the old version. No need to do another image or make a new rescue disk. Cheers, Lee

Hi Peter,

Macrium Reflect regularly updates and patches into the old version. No need to do another image or make a new rescue disk.

Cheers,
Lee



>>Do you have access to the forum, if I may ask?
Is it necessary to update at all?
Perhaps I will just make sure my disc can find my image when there is an update. What do you think of that idea?
Thank you for the help.
I have never found a need to access the Macrium Reflect forum, as all I ever do is create a simple complete image of my C: drive (60G) about once a month that I keep on a 2nd internal hard drive. I then delete the previous image on that drive. I have been doing that with Macrium Reflect for about seven years and still use the same rescue disk I created when I first started using M/R. I'm only imaging my OS, programs and settings as all my Documents, Music and Pictures etc. folders on C: are set to automatically redirect to a large D: data drive partition, so there is never anything on my C: drive that I need to worry about losing. Way back then the rescue disk M/R had me initially create, was a BartPE rescue disk that installed M/R on to it as one of the many tools that were also on BartPE. It has always worked perfectly for restoring my M/R C: image when needed, which used to be quiet frequently. I rarely have to do a C: image restore nowadays as I mess around with my computer a lot less than I did when I used XP :wub: As to updating, the main changes in the free version have been layout cosmetics (ease of use which has developed a lot), as it still creates the image at about the same speed (quick) and in the same ISO format as it always did. More reliable? I have found M/R 100% reliable from the get-go, so no changes there. The updates are always small (a patch) and installed seamlessly, so I just let M/R do it's regular update thing. There is no need whatsoever to update the rescue disk (sadly, no longer a BartPE disk), as it is already simplicity itself and will restore any M/R image now or any image M/R makes in the future. Cheers, Lee
Hello Lee
You must have taken typing lessons or have a Dragon;I type the old hunt and peck way + it takes forever.
Thanks for all the information.
I noticed some people using the program whether it be Acronis, Macrium, or native Windows to recover the os.
I had trouble doing that years ago so I always use just the disc and find it to work well.
I loved my Acronis but did not want to pay the fee for my pcs. I read that even if you bought three licenses in 2012 you still had to upgrade + pay again.
I tried EaseUs Todo but like MR better although it was not bad.
I am using MR as the primary and the native program for the secondary.
Let's hope we don't have to use them.
Peter

Ask AI

AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date

Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI