This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Software

Complicated Transfer Problem

1 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Looking for the outcome? Ask AI

I have an iMac 2007 that no longer works. I backed up my data with a G Drive 500Gb external Drive. I have a Dell 380 running Windows 7 Ultimate 64 Bit that I'd like to transfer my iMac data (pictures, music, etc.) to. I have a USB cable that when I connect to my Windows machine from the G Drive it shows in Disk Management but not in "My Computer - Hard Disk Drives".

I understand the file systems are different. Is their anyway I get get these files transfered to my Windows 7 machine?

Thanks

to be honest i'd use a linux live usb/cd (which i believe can read both the different file systems by default but you might need to install some extra software to write to the g drive and it's hfs+ file system but should write to windows ntfs filesystem now without the need to install any extra's.) and then use that to simply drag and drop your needed files/data from the g drive to your dell pc/laptop.

 

my linux live operating system of choice is opensuse's live kde, which you can download from here :- http://software.opensuse.org/132/en

 

of course there are lots of other linux distro's you can use too.

 

if you want a windows way of reading the g drive see if this helps you :- http://www.pcadvisor.co.uk/how-to/windows/how-read-mac-os-hfs-drives-in-windows-for-free-image-3369574/

 

:popcorn:

Ask AI

AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date

Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI