This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Hardware

Win 10 Home group[

1 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Looking for the outcome? Ask AI

Hello

I can make a homegroup on each pc but cannot connect them. In the day with XP I could connect the laptop and router and make conection then disconnect the cable and still have connectivity but not with10.  I have read a lot and this seems to be a common issue with Win 10. Do you have any ideas about connectivity.

 

Further, I tried to share folders as I could not make the home groups connect.

I think I may have made the wrong choices about sharing or not.

How should a normal folder be, not shared or shared?

Is there a setting to instruct all filers to their default?

TY

Hi Peter,

I don't think I can help on the connectivity, but on the question of sharing folders… its usual not to share….. you can select folders that you want to share…. but I think it's often better to have a folder, call it "shared stuff" or something memorable, set it to be shared and then copy anything you want to into it…that way you don't unintentially share stuff you didn't intend to….

Hope this helps

Regards

paws

Thanx Paws

I have done clean inslall of the 2 Os's and and I'm not going to be using Home groups however, your advice re: sharing is appreciated and will be used.

Ask AI

AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date

Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI