This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Software

Edge

1 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Looking for the outcome? Ask AI

Hello

A long story short. I tried unsuccessfully to create  home group and finally learned many with Win 10 had issues with it.

I therefore tried to set up file share but I messed up = "don't share anything". I now cannot open edge.

I did a system restore but it did not help.

I guess my sharing and Ege are in trouble.

Any ideas?

TY

If it's any consolation, Edge won't open for me either. Starts to open then closes immediately.

 

I've run DISM and SFC, no help.

Ran a couple Powershell commands that were supposed to help but didn't.

I don't use Edge much so have no idea when this first started

 

I am constantly tweaking stuff so I'm not surprised this happened. Now all I need to do is figure out how to fix it. If I do I'll post here.

 

Might want to post in the Networking forum for the sharing problem.

Thanx a lot, Rich.

I am waiting, as it said,"Wait some time, type exit and hit enter."

It has been 1/2 hour and it looks just like the demo on the instruction page.

How long did it take you before it said it was completed?

 

It has completed and running OK -TY

Ask AI

AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date

Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI