This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Software

Windows recovery help

1 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Looking for the outcome? Ask AI

My hard drive failed. I managed to back up almost everything but the OS it appears. I bought a new hard drive which is bare. If I get a USB Windows recovery stick,will it reinstall Windows on my bare hard drive?
No they sell it online. A Windows 7 64 bit recover and restore USB. Dell offered it but I found it cheaper. The thing is the woman who suggested it didn't seem to understand what I needed so I wanted to ask people who might know. I just need an OS for a bare hard drive. My files and stuff are backed up on an external drive. I don't think the OS copied before total failure occurred.

Do you have a link to the flash drive you purchased? I'd like to see what it says about it. I don't believe it's an install flash drive, but may be a valid recovery flash drive for your specific computer.

 

Also, in the link I gave you,

 

[external image: OPTl.PNG]Step 1 [external image: OPTR.PNG]

Find the right Windows 7 .iso

 

describes all the various ways to get a Windows 7 iso to create a install disc or flash drive.

Nevermind. Looking closer the fine print shows it does not do what I need it to. I found a better way. A reinstall disk is inexpensive so I'll just do that.

Ask AI

AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date

Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI