Hey there!
Ok, recently I purchased the new U2 360 Tour - Live From The Rose Bowl DVD and I want to rip it to my laptop keeping the DVD quality.
The problem is when I rip it to my laptop and try to keep the DVD quality it breaks it up into parts but if I ripped it as a .avi file it would all be in the one file.
I want to know how to rip the DVD onto my laptop, keeping the DVD quality but having it as one large file. The reason for this is because it is a gig and it's a pain because the start of a certian song is on part one and then continues on part two. When I try to rip it and keep the DVD quality it splits it up into seven different parts each (apart from part seven) holding 0.99 GB.
I use Magic DVD Ripper 5.4.1.
GaryORLFC,
This and similar topics have been the bane of Forum helping for years.
The Problem:….
We are dedicated to helping our Members, but committed to abiding with law and legitimate protection of intellectual properties.
"back in the day" it was popular to dub LP records to cassette tape, for enjoyment in car stereos, composing selections of favorite tunes, and even sharing with friends.
With the advent of CD's and then DVD's, the opportunities for such duplication expanded to the point that recording companies decided to feel threatened and decided to take additional protective measures to prevent "owners" from rehashing the product that they purchased.
It's a thorny question that will not have a clear answer unless the law and commercial practices get straightened out.
___________________
For now, even though you are a valued Member of WTT Forums, our hands are kinda/sorta tied.
As much as some may wish that we could, we won't post a solution for this type of problem because thousands of browser/readers will follow the link.
And then some are bound to contend that WTT would therefore be behaving unlawfully.
Agree or Disagree, there just isn't a correct course of action to offer at this time.
Sorry.
Doug
✨ Ask AI
AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date
Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI