This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Software

desktop does not open just keeps loading

2 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Looking for the outcome? Ask AI

PC switched on loaded ok, went away for an hour came back and it is in `loading operating system`

Just hangs there. Tried rebooting.

 

help please (win7)

 

Addition.

 

Now sorted, not sure what the issue was as it wouldnt let me in to safe mode, but has started booting ok now.

 

Cant find button to mark as solved.

Perhaps I was wrong.

 

As far as I knew, we only close topics in the malware removal forum… and they get marked either  solved or closed.  The examples you indicated are marked solved, but not closed.  They also contain topics marked as "best answer".

 

I have no idea how either of those work or how to do it.  I'll find out.

I believe I found the answer.

 

If I change my theme to "smart", I get a "mark solved" button.  The post you push that button in is marked as the "best answer".

 

Who knew?

When did that happen and what is the little rocket on the left for other than to annoy me (in Smart Theme)?

 

Performance / Normal ????

I seem to remember Blair talking about the rocket back when we first went to this software.  Can't remember what it's for.  I use Blue Tech theme.

Seeing as how there have been replies to this thread can I reopen it as the stall on loading boot has returned.

I went to… select boot F12 clicked on hard disc and then select boot order.

I have selected Hard disc, a memory stick appears 1st in the list.  When I re boot is still stalls until I select boot order.

 

How do I sort this?

Go into BIOS setup and set the hard drive as the first boot device, CD/DVD as 2nd and USB as 3rd or last. Save and Exit.

See what happens.

 

If no help, power down. Open computer (Desktop?) and remove the CMOS (CR2032) battery.

Press and hold the power button for 10 seconds.

Reinstall CMOS battery and close case.

Power up, you should get a CMOS corrupted error, press F1 to continue, F2 to enter Setup.

Press F2.

In Setup, load defaults then set the boot order as I decsribed above.

Set date and time.

Save and Exit.

 

See what happens.

Good, glad to hear it.

 

I moved the Solved indicator to the post that provided the solution rather than your last post saying it's fixed.

Ask AI

AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date

Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI