This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Hardware

PC not loading correctly

1 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Looking for the outcome? Ask AI

Hi, My PC is currently having issues whilst loading. It takes longer to load then usual, and only loads an empty screen with the wallpaper visible but no desktop shortcuts and no taskbar at the bottom of the screen. CTRL Alt Delete will bring up the task manager and I can access folder and files through this but I cannot get the taskbar to reappear. I am using Windows XP. If I boot up in safe mode it reaches the same point and displays "safe mode" but again no luck with the desktop icons/taskbar. Any advice appreciated, Thanks, Simon

Ask AI

AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date

Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI