So I took my old hard drive that was having major malware problems and put it as a secondary drive on my brand new PC
I need to get to some important txt and image files but they are locked out by the damn exx extention malware
Is there a way to zap it completely so I can get my important files back?
Your infected with the Alpha Crypt file-encrypting ransomware:
http://malwaretips.com/blogs/remove-exx-virus/
Not much you can do to get the files back without paying the ransom.
You can try the methods listed here:
http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/virus-removal/teslacrypt-alphacrypt-ransomware-information#restore
MrC
There is really nothing that can be done? I don't have restore points for these =/
No, you can try the methods I suggested but I don't think they'll work.
Here's the whole bible on the infection:
http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/virus-removal/teslacrypt-alphacrypt-ransomware-information
We can get rid of the infection if it's still present, but the files are most likely gone.
MrC