Several of our library staff computers are becoming infected with this malware. Currently we just re-clone the hard drives to get rid of it. Thought I would post here for more help.
I appreciate any and all help.
I'm Conspire, I'll be glad to help you with your computer problems.
Please observe these rules while we work:
Read the entire procedure
It is important to perform ALL actions in sequence.
If you don't know, stop and ask! Don't keep going on.
Please reply to this thread. Do not start a new topic.
Stick with me till you're given the all clear.
Remember, absence of symptoms does not mean the infection is all gone.
Don't attempt to clean your computer with any tools other than the ones I ask you to use during the cleanup process.
Please be advised, as I am still in training, all my replies to you will be checked for accuracy by one of our experts to ensure that I am giving you the best possible advise.
This may cause a delay, but I will do my best to keep it as short as possible.
Please bear with me, I will post back to you as soon as I can.
IMPORTANT NOTE : Please do not delete anything unless instructed to.
**In any case where you happen to be busy or unable to give us a reply, we would be more than grateful if you keep us informed in advance and we will be more than happy to wait.
While we are trying to do all possible remedial steps for your computer, I would like you to pull off the infected computers offline since they are all networked together to prevent further infection. - Do you have IT department to solve this problem? It would be better for them to handle the problem because they are more familiar with your computer's configuration and such.
Disabling TeaTimer
While TeaTimer is an excellent tool for the prevention of spyware, it can sometimes prevent tools from fixing certain things.
Please disable TeaTimer for now until you are clean. TeaTimer can be re-activated once your log is clean.
Run Spybot-S&D in Advanced Mode.
If it is not already set to do this Go to the Mode menu select "Advanced Mode"
On the left hand side, Click on Tools
Then click on the Resident Icon in the List
Uncheck "Resident TeaTimer" and click OK any prompts.
Double-click MalwareBytes' (Note to Vista users, please right-click and select Run as Administrator.)
Go to Update tab to update Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware
Then click Check for Updates.
If an update is found, it will download and install the latest version.
Once the program has loaded, select Perform Quick Scan, then click Scan.
When the scan is complete, click OK, then Show Results to view the results.
Be sure that everything is checked, and click Remove Selected.
When completed, a log will open in Notepad. Please copy and paste the log back into your next reply
Note:
The log can also be found here: C:\Documents and Settings\Username\Application Data\Malwarebytes\Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware\Logs\mbam-log-date (time).txt
Or via the Logs tab when Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware is started.
Note: If MBAM encounters a file that is difficult to remove, you will be presented with 1 of 2 prompts.
Click OK to either and let MBAM proceed with the disinfection process.
If asked to restart the computer, please do so. Failure to reboot will prevent MBAM from removing all the malware.