This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Software

browsers

1 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Looking for the outcome? Ask AI

I have a stock browser in my GalaxyS5 phone which is Chrome. I cannot remove it.

I want to make it as easy as possible to work with my Win 8.1 pcs so should I use Firefox or Chrome - or does it make any difference?

I am referring to syncing and file transfer etc.

makes no difference, you can use either on both devices and have them sync bookmarks with each other,

firefox :- https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/how-do-i-set-up-firefox-sync

chrome :- https://support.google.com/chrome/answer/165139?hl=en

 

as to syncing "file transfers" that is a separate issue and neither firefox or chrome can sync your data files across both platforms, you need specialist file syncing software for that.

 

:popcorn:

I do understand they are different issues and should not have included the file transfer.

If the browsers are a matter of choice I will use the stock one as to not install extra files. It does what I want and quite quickly.

I sometimes get in trouble with Google synching and passwords but am getting the knack.

Thank you again.

Ask AI

AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date

Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI