This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Software

Web browser slow to open

1 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Looking for the outcome? Ask AI

I hoping to find some help with the following issue…when I click icon to open both Chrome and internet explorer 8, they are very very slow to open a browser. However, I downloaded firefox last night and it opens fine.  My internet provider is Frontier and I've spent a lot of time on the phone with them and my connection is in good order.  I run Malwarebytes and CCleaner ofther and at this point I'm at a loss…any help is greatly appreciated…

Try resetting IE8: Reset Internet Explorer 8 settings
 
You would be better off security wise if you did not use IE8 at all as it is so far back level on security updates. It's the largest security hole XP has.
 
As for Chrome, try completely uninstalling it using Revo Uninstaller Free then run CCleaner then reboot and reinstall the latest version.

Ask AI

AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date

Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI