Build Theme!
  •  
  • Infected?

WE'RE SURE THAT YOU'LL LOVE US!

Hey there! :wub: Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account. When you create an account, we remember exactly what you've read, so you always come right back where you left off. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. You can like posts to share the love. :D Join 93081 other members! Anybody can ask, anybody can answer. Consistently helpful members may be invited to become staff. Here's how it works. Virus cleanup? Start here -> Malware Removal Forum.

Try What the Tech -- It's free!

Photo

Transfer from Chrome to Firefox/Opera

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 uchkur

uchkur

Authentic Member

• Authentic Member
  • PipPip
  • 140 posts

Posted 10 December 2010 - 06:10 AM

Hello I need step by step instructions, manually or with the help of a program to transfer browsing history, bookmarks and all other options from chrome to firefox and opera.

Advertisements

Register to Remove

#2 Doug

Doug

Retired Administrator -Tech Team

• Tech Team
  • 10,057 posts

Posted 10 December 2010 - 03:43 PM

For Firefox
http://support.mozil.....Google Chrome

For Opera
http://webtrickz.com...marks-to-opera/
The help you receive here is free.
If you wish, you may Donate to help keep us online.

#3 uchkur

uchkur

Authentic Member

• Authentic Member
  • PipPip
  • 140 posts

Posted 10 December 2010 - 06:27 PM

Thanks Doug but that's only for bookmarks. I want a total transfer for everything, browsing history, passwords etc

#4 Doug

Doug

Retired Administrator -Tech Team

• Tech Team
  • 10,057 posts

Posted 10 December 2010 - 07:04 PM

Thanks Doug but that's only for bookmarks. I want a total transfer for everything, browsing history, passwords etc

Yes, I realize that.

Since I don't like having passwords saved in the browser of my machines I've never given any attention to transferring them.
And since I don't rely upon browsing history for my work, I haven't learned about that either.
Sorry.

Short of using one of the many small utilities you can find via google search to perform the operation for you automatically, I wouldn't know how.
And never having used any of them, I can't recommend which might be effective and safe.

That's all I have for now.

Perhaps a Tech with more familiarity and expertise in this Topic will come along and offer a solution.
The help you receive here is free.
If you wish, you may Donate to help keep us online.

#5 Ztruker

Ztruker

WTT Technical Elder

• Tech Team
  • 8,292 posts
  • Interests:Helping people fix MS Windows related computer problems of all kinds.

Waking each morning to see the green side of the Earth!

Posted 10 December 2010 - 09:53 PM

Google Chrome uses a Sqlite3 database to store it's history in. There is no provision in Chrome to export this so it can be imported into another borwser. FireFox and SeaMonkey both use a Sqlite DB for history now as well.

You could try something like SQLite Database Browser, see if you can extract the data that way.

Rich

Die with memories, not dreams. – Unknown

#6 uchkur

uchkur

Authentic Member

• Authentic Member
  • PipPip
  • 140 posts

Posted 11 December 2010 - 07:50 AM

Blah didn't know it would be this complicated. It's for a friend anyways. Thank you both.

#7 JohnRocks

JohnRocks

Authentic Member

• Banned
  • PipPip
  • 56 posts

Posted 28 December 2010 - 04:14 AM

I just want to say thank to Doug for sharing this useful information here with us. I was also looking for the same. Thanks