This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Software

Transfer from Chrome to Firefox/Opera

1 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Looking for the outcome? Ask AI

Hello I need step by step instructions, manually or with the help of a program to transfer browsing history, bookmarks and all other options from chrome to firefox and opera.

Thanks Doug but that's only for bookmarks. I want a total transfer for everything, browsing history, passwords etc


Yes, I realize that.

Since I don't like having passwords saved in the browser of my machines I've never given any attention to transferring them.
And since I don't rely upon browsing history for my work, I haven't learned about that either.
Sorry.

Short of using one of the many small utilities you can find via google search to perform the operation for you automatically, I wouldn't know how.
And never having used any of them, I can't recommend which might be effective and safe.

That's all I have for now.

Perhaps a Tech with more familiarity and expertise in this Topic will come along and offer a solution.
Google Chrome uses a Sqlite3 database to store it's history in. There is no provision in Chrome to export this so it can be imported into another borwser. FireFox and SeaMonkey both use a Sqlite DB for history now as well.

You could try something like SQLite Database Browser, see if you can extract the data that way.

Ask AI

AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date

Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI