Hi
Could you please look into why my laptop is slow. I hadn't used it for a couple of months and after starting it up and carrying out the required updates, it is lagging quite badly at times. PCPitstop result link below. Thank you
Belinda
7 min read
Hi
Could you please look into why my laptop is slow. I hadn't used it for a couple of months and after starting it up and carrying out the required updates, it is lagging quite badly at times. PCPitstop result link below. Thank you
Belinda
I see you have Windows 8.1 64 bit with an i2 processor, should run well.
Download and install CCleaner from the following link:
CCleaner - Standard
During installation, uncheck the option to install the Yahoo toolbar.
Click on Tools (ICON) and Select the following BUTTONS to create two (2) text files:
* Uninstall > Save to text file (install) – bottom right corner of app window
* Startup > Save to text file (startup)
Locate and open each saved file in the ‘Documents’ FOLDER:
* Copy and paste the contents of each file into your next post (2 files).
Here is what I suggest:
Uninstall these:
FileHippo App Manager FileHippo.com 30/01/2015
Google Drive Google, Inc. 29/04/2015 37.3 MB 1.21.9135.5822
Google Earth Google 30/04/2015 179 MB 7.1.4.1529
PC Matic 1.1.0.53 PC Pitstop LLC 30/04/2015 6.33 MB 1.1.0.53
PC Pitstop Info Center 1.0.0.18 PC Pitstop LLC. 30/04/2015 1.52 MB 1.0.0.18
Disable these via CCleaner:
Yes HKCU:Run CCleaner Monitoring Piriform Ltd "C:\Program Files\CCleaner\CCleaner64.exe" /MONITOR
Yes HKCU:Run FileHippo.com Well Known Media Ltd "C:\Program Files (x86)\FileHippo.com\FileHippo.AppManager.exe" /background
Yes HKCU:Run GoogleChromeAutoLaunch_397B34A57ABC06C6E2EEC6471A3EB469 Google Inc. "C:\Program Files (x86)\Google\Chrome\Application\chrome.exe" –no-startup-window
Yes HKCU:Run OneDrive Microsoft Corporation "C:\Users\90636\AppData\Local\Microsoft\OneDrive\OneDrive.exe" /background
Yes HKLM:Run HotKeysCmds Intel Corporation "C:\WINDOWS\system32\hkcmd.exe"
Yes HKLM:Run IgfxTray Intel Corporation "C:\WINDOWS\system32\igfxtray.exe"
Yes HKLM:Run Info Center PC Pitstop LLC C:\Program Files (x86)\PCPitstop\Info Center\InfoCenter.exe
Yes HKLM:Run PC Pitstop PC Matic Reminder PC Pitstop LLC C:\Program Files (x86)\PCPitstop\PC Matic\Reminder-PCMatic.exe
Yes HKLM:Run Persistence Intel Corporation "C:\WINDOWS\system32\igfxpers.exe"
Yes HKLM:Run QuickTime Task Apple Inc. "C:\Program Files (x86)\QuickTime\QTTask.exe" -atboottime
And maybe these:
Yes HKLM:Run AmIcoSinglun64 Alcor Micro Corp. C:\Program Files (x86)\AmIcoSingLun\AmIcoSinglun64.exe
Yes Startup Common AsusVibeLauncher.lnk ASUSTeK Computer Inc. C:\Program Files (x86)\ASUS\AsusVibe\AsusVibeLauncher.exe
Unless you use Dropbox all the time, disable this one.
Yes Startup User Dropbox.lnk Dropbox, Inc. C:\Users\90636\AppData\Roaming\Dropbox\bin\Dropbox.exe
Try that for starters.
I cannot connect to the internet on my laptop now for some reason. I'm going to do a system restore.
Result:
The laptop will not restore properly. Have made 3 attempts to do an 'automatic repair' but it wont go back to an earlier restore point when the computer worked correctly. So basically it is stuck on an 'automatic repair' blue screen whereby if i click 'restore' it begins the Asus startup and arrives back at the 'automatic repair' page. I can click 'cancel' but am unsure if I should do this now.
Try this: Windows 8 Automatic Repair Loop Fix
Hi
Thanks but the video was not useful. My laptop error page was different to the one used in the video and it does not provide an advanced repair option. Going on, the video update was totally incomprehensible to me. That being said, I closed my laptop down last night. Upon starting it up this morning, a new error has occurred; a message states that automatic repair was not completed…the laptop reboots without choice and goes to a black screen whereby it reverts to the blue screen 'automatic repair page (without the advanced repair option). So I'm back where I started.
Belinda
Found this, maybe it will help: How to Fix the Automatic Repair Loop in Windows 8.1
If you don't have a Windows 8.1 DVD, see here: How to Create or Download a Windows 8 and 8.1 ISO
That is the level of action you are going to have to take to fix this problem. If you don't feel comfortable doing it then you need to take the computer to a repair shop, or if you have a friend or relative who might be willing to do this you could give that a try.
I don't know any way to fix this that is not going to involve creating or borrowing a Windows 8.1 Installation Disc.
Did you laptop come with Windows 8.1 installed or was it upgraded to 8.1? If upgraded, who did the upgrade and where is the Installation DVD that was used to do so?
If not upgraded, what is the make and full model number. Might be able to find how to restore it to it's factory new state by looking at the Users Guide on the manufacturers web site.
AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date
Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI