This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Hardware

Slow laptop, Please help

1 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Looking for the outcome? Ask AI

Hi everyone, I hope someone can help.
I have a slow laptop and cant find what is the cause.
I tried to eliminate the startup programmes one by one but it is still slow after each try.
I also checked the ram by using the microsoft memory test & memtest86 and the result was ok in both.
I have no viruses or spyware (I am using a few programmes to eliminate them) and also made a Hjk this test 2 months ago and the result was ok.
I made a full pc test in the PC Pitstop website and you can view the result on the following link:
http://www.pcpitstop.com/techexpress…XFNWHC4GQSU4FU

Let me just add that 1 out approxamatly 20 startups the system runs like it should run but on the other times it is much slower then it should.

I thank you in advance,
Barry
Ok.. can you give us the specs please..? Like.. CPU..RAM… etc..etc. Also how many icons are still in your system tray? And lastly, it wouldnt hurt for you to post another hijack this log if you dont mind. Go here to download Hijack This. Then scan but do not fix anything yet. Save the scan to a log and then copy and paste the results of scan into a new thread in the Hijack This and Spyware removal forum

Ask AI

AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date

Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI