This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Hardware

slow pc

1 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Looking for the outcome? Ask AI

Hello. The three things that jump out to me are the 19 unneeded processes running, only having 512Megs of ram and the fragmentation of the hard drive. I'm a member over @ The Pit and familiar with their recommendations. They're pretty straight forward to do. Just read through them, follow the instructions and you'll see some improvement. If you're able to add more ram, that will make a BIG difference. Tx
Thanks for your reply. When I'm back next week at this computer I will follow the recommendations of the pcpitstop. Will that get rid of the 19 unneeded processes? I will also tell my sister to get some more memory and to defragment, although she will probably ask me to do that as well. Thanks again Helen

Ask AI

AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date

Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI