This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Hardware

laptop became slow

2 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Looking for the outcome? Ask AI

Hi I have windows vista, and Intel core 2 Duo processor T5550 , 3072 MB PC5300 DDR2 SDRAM, 250 gb (5400 RPM) HDD, 802.11 a/b/g wireless, Well my computer was real fast, but its feeling little slower than usual, loading pages very slowly, and has had a couple of blue screens and windows restarted saying tht it had done system recovery and listed options on starting windows(from which i selected start windows normally). These blue screens appeared when I was in the middle of something(dont remember what it was right now), and also when i closed my computer's lid. I dunno why its occuring, my computer is very new, less than 2 months old. Also i dunno what firewall and antivirus i need to use and whether i have one or not. I used to have Norton 360, but I dont have it now.
I would suggest talking to the laptop maker tech support. Since the system is only a few months old it should still covered. The BoSD are an issue. They laptop maker should have some sort of support. Give that a try and if your still having issues after that post back and someone should be along to lend a hand.
Thanks tonka, I just got to know that my laptop has some trojans in it, so i've posted at the HijackThis™ Logs and Infections Removal subforum, got a reply and working on it. Hope that this solves the problem. Thanks for your advice.

had a couple of blue screens and windows restarted saying tht it had done system recovery…These blue screens appeared when I was in the middle of something…and also when i closed my computer's lid.

my computer is very new, less than 2 months old.

Then it is still under warranty and you should definitely contact tech support - ESPECIALLY if it is the mechanical action of closing the lid that causes a blue screen. That would indicate a loose or poor connection somewhere, and possibly a "short" in an electrical circuit. Do not risk further damage.

Ask AI

AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date

Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI