Hi there, I'm a new member. My laptop is super slow and hangs all the time. Not sure if it has malware, as it was not like this before but browsing without antivirus I suspect there is definitely something infecting it.
Hi there, I'm a new member. My laptop is super slow and hangs all the time. Not sure if it has malware, as it was not like this before but browsing without antivirus I suspect there is definitely something infecting it. Please help!
It's not wise to be on the internet with no protection.
I'll post a tool we need to run and use then I'll post info for protection and links for you to read over and consider.
Please download Farbar Recovery Scan Tool (x32) or Farbar Recovery Scan Tool (x64) andsave the file to your Desktop.
Note: Download and run the version compatible with your system (32 or 64-bit). Download both if you're unsure; only one will run.
Right-Click FRST.exe / FRST64.exe and select [external image: AVOiBNU.jpg]Run as administrator to run the programme.
Click Yes to the disclaimer.
Ensure the Addition.txt box is checked.
Click the Scan button and let the programme run.
Upon completion, click OK, then OK on the Addition.txt pop up screen.
Two logs (FRST.txt & Addition.txt) will now be open on your Desktop. Copy the contents of both logs and paste in your next reply.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~``
Note: The programs listed below are all free to use or they have some sort of trial. Some of them have a paid version that provides more features, while a lot of other good programs only have a paid version but aren't listed there (such as Kaspersky and ESET Antivirus products). Never install and use
You should only have one Antivirus installed at all time on a computer. Reason being that having more than one installed can cause system instability and conflict due to the way these programs works and interact with the system. If you want to read more about these kind of issues, I suggest you to read the "IMPORTANT NOTE" in quietman7's post here.