This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Software

Intel Rapid Storage Technology

1 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Looking for the outcome? Ask AI

Hi,

 

Yesterday I started developing some problems it seems.  The computer started running very slowly, took a long time to shut down programs and re-boot.  It also occasionally made some strange sounds through the speakers.  I ran a scan with Spybot, Malwarebytes, and Mcafee - full scans not the quickies.

 

Today, i getting a pop-up box in the lower right hand cornersaying Intel Rapid Storage Technology, SATA Unknown Disk; Removed.  I click on the box and then it says Unknown Disk on Controller 0, Port 0 detected.  Earlier when I clicked on it I got a different screen to come up asking me if I wanted certain things on or off such as vol, power, etc.

 

I have a custom built CyberPower PC running Windows 7 Home Premium, Service Pack 1, 16 GB of memory and a 64 bit operating system.

 

I checked task mgr and my CPU is running at 9% - 10&.

 

I need some help.

 

Thanks,

 

Guy

Hi Guyl,
 
Please download VEW by Vino Rosso http://images.malwareremoval.com/vino/VEW.exe
and save it to your desktop

Double click it to start it Note: If running Windows Vista or Windows 7 you will need to right click the file and select Run as administrator and click Continue or Allow at the User Account Control Prompt.

Click the check boxes next to Application and System located under Select log to query on the upper left

Under Select type to list on the right click the boxes next to Error and Warning Note: If running Windows Vista or Windows 7 also click the box next to Critical (not XP).

Under Number or date of events select Number of events and type 20 in the box next to 1 to 20 and click Run

Once it finishes it will display a log file in notepad

Copy and paste its entire contents into your next reply

Ask AI

AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date

Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI