This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Spyware / Malware / Virus Removal

Intel Rapid Storage Technology [Solved]

1 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Looking for the outcome? Ask AI

Hi,

 

Yesterday I started developing some problems it seems.  The computer started running very slowly, took a long time to shut down programs, and to re-boot.  It also occasionally made some strange sounds through the speakers.  I ran a scan with Spybot, Malwarebytes, & McAfee - full scans not the quickies.

 

Today, I'm getting a pop-up box in the lower right hand corner saying Intel Rapid Storage Technology, Sata Unknown Disk; Removed.  I click on it and it then says Unknown Disk on Controller 0, Port ) detected.  Earlier when I clicked on it I got a different screen to come up asking me if I wanted certain things on or off such as vol, power, etc.

 

I have a custom built CyberPower PC running Windows 7 Home Premium, Service pack 1, 16 GB of memory and a 64 bit operating system.

 

I checked task mgr and my CPU is running at 9% - 10%.

 

I need some help, please.

 

Thanks,

 

Guy

 

p.s.  right now I can't even get a browser to open.

This is not likely a malware problem. Please start a new post here where they are more clued up than we are on your particular problem.

 

Hope you get it sorted out OK.

 

I'll leave this open for 24 hours in case you need any more information

 

Regards

 

Satchfan

Ask AI

AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date

Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI