This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Software

windows update

6 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Looking for the outcome? Ask AI

good morning  

 

thanks for the help.  It seems like this is a problem for lots of people.

 

I tried to do a repair install before I posted here.

When I try it  it only sees my back up partition  does its check and says I don't have enough disk place.  That stumped me  

 

Also is there a way to remove the bad update from install list or should I just disable auto updates till I figure it out

personally i'd leave updates enabled and just put up with the inconvenience of the long boot time every time it tries to install the problem update, maybe the next windows updates will fix the problem.

 

on my parents pc which has a restore partition so no disk to use to fix things, what i did was as soon as i powered on the pc, i kept tapping F5 key to get to the boot options, when there i needed to tap F8 to choose the repair options, at this screen

[external image: 481x376ximage250.png.pagespeed.ic.KBcDsy]

it didn't show any os just like i think you stated in an earlier post, i left the dot in use recovery tools and clicked next, then on this screen

[external image: 560x429ximage251.png.pagespeed.ic.fHiqay]

i chose the fix startup repair option, let it do it's thing, restarted the pc and then everything worked and was able to get the update installed.

 

:popcorn:

I also recommend running Dism /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth in command prompt if you haven't already.

 

Dism doesn't work with these parms on Windows 7, just Windows 8 and up.

thanks for the help. I tried dism and wondered why it didn't work. I am going to do  a repair install as soon as I figure out how to get it to see the right disj. It is something I never saw before

 

I also recommend running Dism /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth in command prompt if you haven't already.

 

Dism doesn't work with these parms on Windows 7, just Windows 8 and up.

 

Oops, I forgot to mention that, but it seems Wilbert has already ran it.

Ask AI

AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date

Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI