This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Software

Very slow boot

1 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Looking for the outcome? Ask AI

Can anyone point me in the right direction.  When I turn PC on it gets to login screen ok then I type my password it gets to my desktop but takes up half hour before everything runs at a normal speed, then it is ok for the rest of the day. It seems like something is either loading or updating when I boot up but cannot for the life me work out what.

I am using win7 and firefox with 2 GB Ram.

 

It has got slowly worse over a couple of months. I dont think there is a virus. One pointer may shockwave flash usually apperas after maybe 10 minutes and states do you want to continue loading (or similar message) also firefox uses about 240,000k

 

Checked task manager and cant see anything unusual but then not too sure what I am looking at.

Some images below.

 

The 1st image is taken at around 20 minutes after booting.

The second showing immediately after booting.

The 3rd image after running most of the day.

 

 

 

Ask AI

AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date

Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI