Build Theme!
  •  
  • Infected?

WE'RE SURE THAT YOU'LL LOVE US!

Hey there! :wub: Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account. When you create an account, we remember exactly what you've read, so you always come right back where you left off. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. You can like posts to share the love. :D Join 91702 other members! Anybody can ask, anybody can answer. Consistently helpful members may be invited to become staff. Here's how it works. Virus cleanup? Start here -> Malware Removal Forum.

Try What the Tech -- It's free!

Photo

Unable to share Internet Connection

share internet share command prompt

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 vijay.gupta

vijay.gupta

Silver Member

• Authentic Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 395 posts

Posted 19 February 2015 - 02:54 PM

Hi,

I was trying to share my wired Internet Connection so that I can enjoy high Internet Speed on my smart phone.

1) To do this, I first downloaded Connectify but it is not working on my computer as some drivers are not getting installed properly.

2) Then, i tried the steps on the following link:

http://www.wikihow.c...-Command-Prompt

When I typed netsh wlan show drivers in command prompt and press enter.
It will shows
In the output Hosted network supported :Yes that means that computer supports hosted networks.

Now, when I typed netsh wlan start hostednetwork in command prompt to start the hotspot I just created, it says "The hosted network couldn't be started. The group or resources is not in the correct state to perform the requested operation."

In Control Panel, Broadcom 802.11 Wireless LAN Adapter is listed however, when I go to Network and Sharing Center > Change Adaptor Settings, no Broadcom icon is listed.

Please let me know, what is missing.

Thanks,

Vijay Gupta

Advertisements

Register to Remove

#2 terry1966

terry1966

SuperMember

• Visiting Tech
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,974 posts

Posted 21 February 2015 - 07:44 AM

When I typed netsh wlan show drivers in command prompt and press enter.
It will shows
In the output Hosted network supported :Yes that means that computer supports hosted networks.

Now, when I typed netsh wlan start hostednetwork in command prompt to start the hotspot I just created, it says "The hosted network couldn't be started. The group or resources is not in the correct state to perform the requested operation."

sounds to me like you missed step 5.

Create. Type netsh wlan set hostednetwork mode=allow ssid=Hotspotname key=password in Command prompt. This will create a Hotspot but it is currently offline.

the ssid can be anything and the key can be anything i'd assume, even tho for their example they have used hotspotname and password.

step 9.

Here right click on the Connection that you use to connect to internet and select properties

i assume would be your lan connection and not the broadcom wifi adaptor.

and select the network connection name that is used by your hotspot.(For this check the Network Connection Window and look for Connection which says Microsoft Hosted Network Virtual Adapter).

from the example it would be hotspotname.

full step 9 instructions.

Internet. To share your internet connection on this hotspot go to the Network and sharing center and click on Change adapter setting. Here right click on the Connection that you use to connect to internet and select properties. In properties go to Sharing tab and check the box "Allow other network users to connect through this computer's internet connection and select the network connection name that is used by your hotspot.(For this check the Network Connection Window and look for Connection which says Microsoft Hosted Network Virtual Adapter). And save it. Now your inter net connection is shared.

should then just be a case of using your phone finding the hotspotname wifi connection and connecting to it with the key/passphrase password if you've followed the instructions word for word.

sorry don't have a windows pc setup to test if it works or not but the instructions seem clear enough, so don't see why it shouldn't work.

first thing i'd test tho is to see if the broadcom wifi adapter does have the correct drivers installed and does work in your pc, so you should be able to connect your pc to a wifi network and get onto the internet before trying to set it up as a hotspot for your phone to use and connect to the internet through your lan.

:popcorn:

#3 vijay.gupta

vijay.gupta

Silver Member

• Authentic Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 395 posts

Posted 26 February 2015 - 01:24 AM

I followed all the first 6 steps to create hotspot and start it but I am getting error at step 6. Please take a look at the screenshot.

also, I followed step 8 to check the status of the hotspot. It says Not Available. Please check the same screenshot

Also, I go to Network and Sharing Center > Change Adaptor Settings but there was no icon for my Hotspot.

I think I have the correct drivers installed because I am successfully able to connect to external wifi connections. I am not able to share my Internet connection only.

If you think there is an issue with drivers, please let me know where to go to look for drivers.

I go to C:\SwSetup\Drivers\WLAN.....here there are some files that seems to be broadcom drivers (screenshot attached)..I installed setup.exe but in vain.

Also, everytime I restart my computer, it install some drivers. Why it is so (please take a look at the screenshot)

Attached Thumbnails

• wireless.png
  • drivers_wlan.png
  • drivers.png

#4 terry1966

terry1966

SuperMember

• Visiting Tech
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,974 posts

Posted 27 February 2015 - 08:51 PM

from your first picture it looks like your trying to set up the wireless connection as the shared internet connection and that is incorrect the shared internet connection should be your lan connection, which by the looks of it isn't even connected to the internet, because it has a red x on it..

what your trying to do is connect to the internet with your lan connection, then use your wireless connection as a hot spot so other devices can connect to your pc and then share the lan connection to get internet access.

so looks like you've created the hotspot connection correctly but the reason i think it is not available is because your already using your wireless connection to connect to the internet and why it can't then be used for your hotspot and says it is unavailable.

no idea what bluetooth device/peripheral you have connected that need drivers but they shouldn't have any part of what your trying to do as far as i can tell, so don't think it will make any difference even tho the device fails, and from what you've said your wifi driver is installed and working just fine.

if your still having problems getting it to work let me know and i'll see if i can install windows on one of my pc's then run through the instructions to see if i can get them to work for me.

:popcorn:

#5 Dashing star

Dashing star

• Authentic Member
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 29 May 2015 - 03:55 AM

thank you

click wtt.png on quality posts that are helpfulIf I've done a good job and you're happy, please consider posting a comment regarding your experience hereStaff and Members give their time freely to help others, please be courteous and conclude your topic if assistance is no longer required.

uaodpl6033e.png