This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Software

new way of reinstalling 8.1?

1 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Looking for the outcome? Ask AI

I made a dvd from the iso for 8.1  a friend sent me. It worked well with the generic key and I was able to freshly install 8.1.

I was told you can now just use your Win 8 key without the generic key and the same job is done.

The site to obtain this media is:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-8/create-reset-refresh-media

 

Would you think I need to change media or will the dvd used with the generic one be ok with this new way?
 

Ask AI

AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date

Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI