This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Discussion

Picture safe.avgfv?

1 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Not sure if this is where to post this or not - first timer here   :adios:

 

I've ran a WinDirStat (awesome program btw) and it's telling me that a file called Picture Safe.avgfv is taking up 54.8GB on my C: drive. I do have AVG antivirus but a quick Google search isn't pulling anything up. 

 

Anyone know what this file is?

Hi lloydiv, and welcome to the WTT forums.

This looks like an AVG data safe file that is created when someone is using AVG's encryption on your computer.
Let us know if you or anyone else has protected file/folders using this sort of encryption.
Regards
paws

Through my Google searches I've come across the Data Safe.avgfv file, but never anything like a Picture Safe.avgfv.

 

I'm running BootCamp - don't think that would have anything to do with it. 

 

I'm not sure I know how to create a file using AVG's encryption and I'm the only one using this computer. Could this be a harmful file? Can I delete it?

Hi, you mention Boot camp…. just so we are sure what we are dealing with here…is this an Apple Mac computer running a Windows operating system through Boot Camp??

Regards

paws

Yes it is. And I got a hold of AVG and they said it's a file created with Data Safe. I've moved it to my external hard drive and deleted it from my C:

 

Problem solved! Thanks for the concern though!