I had a zb thumbnail file come up with all of my pictures. While looking for something else in regedit, I came across tons of these files. Of course, I can't remember where. Does anyone know if this is a virus and what to do next?!
Hello shelly2626, welcome to the TC.
Please download this self extracting file to your My Downloads folder or My Received Files (dependent on your Operating System):
http://www.merijn.org/files/hijackthis_sfx.exe
Click the
"Save" button.
Navigate to
My Documents >Chose
My Downloads or
My Received Files folder once inside that folder click
"Save" .
Now go to the folder you saved
HijackThis_sfx.exe in.
Double click
HijackThis_sfx.exe and select
Unzip . When done click
"OK" .
Close the WinZip self Extractor window.
Open HijackThis and select: Do a system scan and save a log file.
When the scan is finished, Click Edit> Select All> Edit> Copy> and paste its contents here
[Add Reply] .
Due to inactivity this topic will be closed.
If you need help please start a new thread and post a new HJT log