This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Hardware

Upgrade CPU Reccomendation For Optiplex 380 SFF

1 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Looking for the outcome? Ask AI

I have an OptiPlex 380 SFF with 4GB/DDR3/1033Mhz memory. I had been using a Core2 Duo E8400 CPU. I changed to a Duo Quad Q8200 but found little difference between the two CPU's as far as speed of operation. I plan on trying a Q9300 CPU for faster performance. Does anyone have  better suggestions on the best CPU ( for faster performance) that I could use? The machine will not be used for gaming but normal daily use ( e-mail, internet, documents, etc.).

to be totally honest the fastest cpu you can buy for that motherboard is probably the q9650 or qx9650 but i really wouldn't bother upgrading that pc at all.
 
the performance gains are not going to be worth the costs when you consider you can probably buy a complete new motherboard,cpu and ram for not much more that is going to be way faster in every way than your current system.

 

for what you use it for, i'd keep using your current system until it broke then buy a new system but if your not happy with it for some reason then i'd seriously think about buying a complete new system instead of upgrading anything on it.

 

new qx9650 price £274.99 :- http://www.amazon.co.uk/Intel-BX80569QX9650A-Core-Extreme-QX9650/dp/B000YQOHM2/ref=sr_1_1?s=computers&ie=UTF8&qid=1415213028&sr=1-1&keywords=qx9650

example of much faster overall pre-built pc £469 :- http://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B00OZHHD8Q?psc=1

 

or if you wanted to build your own here's a video of a pc build that would also be much faster overall than what you have currently.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yhLWbaowcmc

 

or

 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7WQxr59KRto

 

:popcorn:

Ask AI

AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date

Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI