Hi
I have an Acer Aspire 5611AWLMi laptop currently running a Core duo processor T2050- (1.60 GHz, FSB 533MHz, 2MB cache).
What is the fastest CPU I can upgrade this laptop to ?
Regards
Jimmi39
Technically speaking the Core 2 Duo T7600G would be the fastest. Part number is SL9SD (B2).
However I don't think you would be able to get anything more than a Core Duo T2700 working properly.
To be perfectly honest, it's not really worth going to the trouble to buy and replace a CPU on a laptop. It's considerably more difficult than replacing a desktop CPU, and in most cases you have to be really careful about compatibility. If you're after a bit more speed, try other options first, such as cleaning your system of unwanted programs, remove unwanted programs from startup, clean your registry and temp files or increase your RAM. I suppose you could also check your laptop for a build up of dust because this is a very common cause of slow downs on older machines.
Or there is always the option of taking it to your local PC World or independent computer repair shop. It'll cost you an arm and a leg to get them to upgrade it for you, though.
✨ Ask AI
AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date
Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI