This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Software

Adobe Falsh Player

3 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Looking for the outcome? Ask AI

I forgot it was integrated in Win 8.1 and when Secunia said I needed to update it manually, I removed it from add remove thinking I would reinstall properly.

It is in control panel>programs and features and videos play. Also I tested it at Adobe and it seemed ok. Is there a way to get it to reappear in add remove shy of system restore or Macrium image?

Thank you

Because it worked in MSIE and showed in the control panel I knew it was not removed.

I tried it in Chrome and it was ok so I tried FF and it was there  videos would not play and prompted me to install it which I did. It came out fine but had a McAfee feature tagged along.  I used the uninstaller and we seem to be ok now. There was no indication McAfee was involved to uncheck and I preceded my search with MG for Major Geeks which usually is clean.

Thanks R

Peter

McAfee is a small box you can uncheck when you download Adobe. I currently have Adobe Reader XI installed on Windows 8.1.

 

Other than that I don't understand your reply?

 

Nothing you said has anything to do with getting the icon back in Programs and Features, which is what I replied to with System Restore.

I mistakenly removed Adobe Flash Player in add/remove.

In an attempt to  retrieve it in add/remove I asked the forum.

Although Adobe Flash Player was not in add/remove, it functioned with videos and appeared in control panel.

I tried each of the 3 browsers and the videos worked with MSIE 11 and Chrome but not with FF.

When I tried FF it said Flash Player was not installed and would I like to do so. I replied ,"yes," and it did reinstall.

 

I know Adobe Flash Player is integrated in Win 8.1 and I did make the initial error I listed above.

 

The solution which restored adobe flash player to add/remove was to reinstall  via FF's request to do so.

 

The find was accidental as was the error. I asked the forum for help before I found the fix.

I hope this clarifies the issue.

 

As far as McAfee goes, I was very aware of those little boxes which install software we do not care for and it was not there.

I used the uninstaller to remove all of McAfee.

 

I have been unclear in the past at times but I read my posts over and I feel I put this straight forward.

 

What threw you off?

Rich

That is the Adobe Reader  download.

I use the Addable Flash Player that FF said I was missing and asked if I wanted to use.

I am very aware of those sneaky little boxes but anything is possible.

 

More to the point though, was the issue of the missing title in add remove and its retrieval.

It was the substance of the post.

Peter :adios:

it's exactly the same installer for adobe flash player as adobe reader peter, so that's where you missed the tick box and how mcafee got installed on your pc and needed you to uninstall it.

 

glad to see you figured out it was only firefox that needed the flash player and as soon as you installed it, it showed up again where your used to seeing it, in add/remove programs so answering your own question.

 

not ever used win 8.1 myself and i didn't know that so thanks for the info. :thumbup:

 

:popcorn:

Haven't had the pleasure for a while, terry.

Got a phone for the first time and am an old Windows files and folders guy having to wrestle with Android - Galaxy S 5.

It is a fun challenge. I was going to get the Win. phone with Cortana but I like the idea I can open and change batts.

Thanks

Peter

Ask AI

AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date

Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI