This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Software

disc cleanup

1 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Looking for the outcome? Ask AI

Hello

When I click disc cleanup and after it has run there is an option to cleanup system files.

If I click it, it says to clean up Windows update files with usually  quite a number of MBs.

When I click this it usually takes about 5 minutes to run.

First with Win 8.1 should this be done and secondly will this damage any important functions like restore points?

My desktop handles it well but the desktop gets pretty hot to get it done.

Is performing this an over kill?

Thank you

Peter

Not sure if this will prevent you from uninstalling a Windows Update or not but I do think you are overdoing it, unless you are tight on drive space.

Ask AI

AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date

Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI