This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Hardware

Onling Gaming Lag Spikes

1 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Looking for the outcome? Ask AI

For the past month or so, every time I go to play online multiplayer games on my xbox or computer over my wireless internet connection, I experience lag spikes every 5-20 seconds. As it sounds it is very irritating and I have no idea whatsoever how to go about fixing it. Wired connection is no option, I'm not drilling holes in my house for ethernet cables or running them
through my home. but I have no clue how to fix this and I need help.

Hi retural and welcome to WTT.

 

1 It is diagnostically significant if the same issues arise whilst you are connected via Ethernet, so as a temporary measure ( test) use an Ethernet cable and tell us if the lag spikes are still present…. ( give it a good test)

 

2 Next connect via your wireless but make sure your Wireless Access Point and your computer are no more than 2 metres apart and with no obstructions "between" them ( give it a good test)

 

Report back on the results of the two tests and we will advise the next steps.

Regards

paws

Ask AI

AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date

Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI