This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Hardware

Random Lag In games :angry:

2 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Looking for the outcome? Ask AI

Hey, Im in Dire need of Help because the random lag spikes are driving me crazy!! -I Came home from College only to experience severe lag spikes in the middle of playing both LoL and Tera and also while browsing the web and watching streams. -I've Contacted Comcast and they've ran tests and told me the problem is NOT on their end. -I've reset both my computer and the router. -I have updated my computer with all of the Windows updates. -When i was In my Dorm I didn't experience the lag spikes EVER and now that im home they are frequent. -The spikes are happening 24/7 reguardless of if other people are or are not using the internet. -In the middle of playing a game of LoL my Ping will go from a playable 50 to a horrendous 300-400 or even upwards of 1k at times. -The Lag spikes occur reguardless of programs running in the background or lack of programs running in the background. -I've tried running the games on a Game Booster yet i still have the lag spikes. -I ran the PC Pit stop Test and the only thing I had to Fix was to clear my cache. (which i have done) -My cousin was over at my house in february and was experiencing the same lag issues with me at the time, however i've been unable to test other computers because i'd have to install the games onto their devices and noone wants the games on their computers. -I've tested my network usage with menu and i've always been using less than 2% of the internet. -We have DSL -Something interesting is that I tested my Ping While in the middle of a game (that i had 300 ping in) on speedtest.net and I came up with only 40 ping. I even tried testing my ping at the same time to a server in cali (I live in Wa) and I had 70 ping, still nowhere near the ping I was experiencing in LoL. -When I first came Home I had a constant 50-70 ping on LoL , In the past two weeks Its risen to a constant 100-150 ping with more severe lag spikes, Im starting to think that the problem is the router. Please Help this lag problem has been driving me crazy and i just want to find out what is wrong so i can fix it !!

Ask AI

AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date

Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI