This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Software

Cannot view emails unless connected to the internet

1 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Looking for the outcome? Ask AI

I constantly receive email newsletters from various sources but some of these I cannot view unless I am connected the internet.  Why is that so?  The emails comprises of both text and pictures but, if I am not connected to the internet, nothing appears - just blank spaces.  Is there any way to correct this so that the emails can be viewed even if I am not connected to the internet.

Several email clients (outlook being one of them) can be set up to not download or open pictures until you request it.  I think this is because so many people are reading their email on smart phones and don't want to use the data that the pictures take.  But for whatever the reason, without additional information, I see no reason to believe it's a virus.

Ask AI

AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date

Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI