Build Theme!
  •  
  • Infected?

WE'RE SURE THAT YOU'LL LOVE US!

Hey there! :wub: Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account. When you create an account, we remember exactly what you've read, so you always come right back where you left off. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. You can like posts to share the love. :D Join 93081 other members! Anybody can ask, anybody can answer. Consistently helpful members may be invited to become staff. Here's how it works. Virus cleanup? Start here -> Malware Removal Forum.

Try What the Tech -- It's free!

Photo

Email Image Sig's, Problem in WLM

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 8210GUY

8210GUY

SuperMember

• Visiting Tech
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,284 posts
  • Interests:Hoping to die.

Posted 26 July 2014 - 07:48 AM

This is virgin territory to me, but I did manager to "master" it, this is for a mate who is a councillor, but he is using the email I gave him for council use as well as personal, so there are times he does not want to send this Sig I have made, it's a simple .png image in the style of a business card, so the best I could suggest to him was to simply delete the Sig from emails you don't want to send it in, this worked very well for a while, then it broke lol.

Now I can't get it to work at all, and have had to revert him back to a plain text Sig, but given his office he wants colour and his physical signature, and the council logo, I have made him such a layout which he loves, but I can no longer get it to work in his email, we are wondering if his deleting of the Sig in emails it wasn't needed for as being the cause, but I have no idea.

I have started from scratch, he is using Windows Live Mail as his client, I followed the same steps as previous for this;

Open\create a new email message

Inserted the image that is to be used as the Sig

Clicked on File the selected to "Save As" then selecting to save it as an .htm file.

I then go into the signatures part of the settings and create a New Sig

Then select to use a file, and show it where the file is

Apply\Save\Exit out then test it by creating a new email, I just get the box with an x and the image missing.

I have opened the file in notepad and made the correction to give it the image location (this was the initial cause for this happening originally), then saved it, and no difference, when I first did this this was the cause, but it is no longer the case since I found out about the image address correction, but the result is the same.

I am also having to do this twice now before it saves properly, I create the new Sig, set the image etc., apply\save\exit, to find it hasn't worked, and when I go back to see what went wrong the Sig is missing, so I repeat and then it saves and shows it, but still only as the box with an x in, I can't get the image to show anymore, so something has become upset, but I am lost as to what, I have even reset the WLM options to default incase it was something stupid, but that made no difference, any suggestions ?

Braindead

Advertisements

Register to Remove

#2 Tomk

Tomk

Beguilement Monitor

• Global Moderator
  • 20,451 posts

Posted 26 July 2014 - 07:58 AM

Perhaps you need to unblock images?

http://social.msdn.m...um=wlgeneraldev

Tomk
------------------------------------------------------------
Microsoft MVP 2010-2014

#3 8210GUY

8210GUY

SuperMember

• Visiting Tech
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,284 posts

Posted 26 July 2014 - 10:20 AM

He has no problem viewing other images at all, only his Sig, but I will definitely check that out, but if it worked when I set it up, I struggle to see how it should suddenly stop, and no settings were touched as he is a complete technophobe lol.

Thanks for that, will update after I next get access to his system.

Braindead

#4 8210GUY

8210GUY

SuperMember

• Visiting Tech
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,284 posts

Posted 26 July 2014 - 02:15 PM

Well just tried it out, and no luck, as it happens it was unchecked anywaybut I activated\applied, then repeated to check it got the message, but no luck, here are a couple of screenshots to show what I'm seeing.

[attachment=15695:1.png][attachment=15696:2.png]

Braindead

#5 Tomk

Tomk

Beguilement Monitor

• Global Moderator
  • 20,451 posts

Posted 26 July 2014 - 02:48 PM

I've never used WLM, but I'm assuming you did all the steps such as shown here: http://technicalforu...ndows-live-mail

Tomk
------------------------------------------------------------
Microsoft MVP 2010-2014

#6 8210GUY

8210GUY

SuperMember

• Visiting Tech
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,284 posts

Posted 26 July 2014 - 04:23 PM

I'm using it for the first time myself, and I followed that guide, but on a different site, and not as pretty with pictures lol, but Yes I did follow that.

The confusing bit is when I first did it, everything was working great, but because he didn't want it on every email, I told him to delete it when not needed, which again worked well to start with, but approx. 1 month later he broke it lol, and so far I have failed to figure out what has changed, as I am using the same steps as that guide but only getting the results you see, hence my confusion, Thanks for the link, it helps confirm what I am doing at least.

Braindead