This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Software

"Undisclosed Recipients"

9 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Looking for the outcome? Ask AI

:wavey: Dear Person: I have 2 questions …One belongs here , the other I can't find a proper forum to discuss it in….1st :…I have recently been getting a LOT of emails headed " Undisclosed Recipients" most of which are Nigerian based ( some from the UK ) saying I have a ton of money coming…I know ALL these are scams….Problem is , I would like to STOP these emails from ever arriving in my mail box…Using the email security settings upsets my applecart…I would like to stop them dead in their tracks….Is there any way to do this ? ?…..2nd : …In the "My Profile" of mine on this website , there is a part called "My Content"….Is there a way to delete OR change it….The reason I ask , is that the content is old & some are solved….Or is it permanent…This is NOT a big deal to me….The 1st one IS….Any ideas or help WILL be appreciated….Thank you VERY much in advance…. :unsure:
Hello Ron,
You will need a spam filter (should have one with the E-mail provider that you use).
There is no way to block some one from sending spam. And once your address gets out it will get worse.
DO NOT OPEN these E-mails.
Some contain mal-ware, but all of them get a return receipt that you opened it.
This is so that they will know that your address is valid.
There is a lot of good information here and here.
:wavey: HFCG, HELLO again…& thanks for your reply….I did not know that just by opening my emails they get a return reciept…Some I do open but most not…I NEVER open any attachments or links unless I KNOW who it's from & can be trusted….Learned that the hard way….I will check on the spam filter issue….You said ; "There is a lot of good information here and here."….I went to both "here's"…..One has to do with SP 3….There's soooo many complaints & problems with it ( & not just here ), I will NOT download and/or install it…I think I'm fine with SP 2….The other has to do with emails , phony MS , malware , etc…..I read some of the entries & picked up some tips…..Thank you…..Could you please answer my 2nd question in my 1st post……. :huh: ……HFCG, Thank you VERY much….Later…… :D
I know have the same question Ron. M. But I don't think we can delete it. It basically shows are most recent posts, and I looked and I don't see any way to delete it. But I'm not a member of the WTT Team so I'll wait for HFCGs answer. @HFCG What does your name stand for?
:wavey: …HELLO Vectris ,again….I checked also….Nada…( I think you meant the WTT Team )…I too will wait……HFCG:….I checked my email settings & it's set to standard…Now , this is for "Junk mail settings"….Is this the same as a "Spam Filter ?? :huh:
Hippie Freak Computer Geek
Junk filter is the same as spam
I do not know if we can delete our posting history. Have to PM a red to find out.
HFCG: Thanks for both explainations……Need one more——>> "Have to PM a red to find out "….Don't know what PM or " a red" is ? ?…. :huh: ………. Hippie Freak Computer Geek ………:rofl: ……….That's COOL ! !….Please keep in mind we're talking about the "My Profile " recent posts & not the threads , as I can edit or remove all my posts only….Best Regards…Ron
PM stands for personal message. In other words private post you send to another user that only he can see. And "a red" means a red titled user, and red titled users are administrators.
Vectris: Thank you…I'm learning something new every day…Also a new language , it seems ( computer lingo ) ….. :thumbup: ….I'll wait for HFCG patiently….
Hello Ron. Long time no talk (don't mean to get off-topic). Erm. Is your e-mail client (Gmail, Hotmail, Yahoo!, for example) "Applecart"? Normally, web mail based client's offer "Spam" filters and allow the user to set it from low to high. And of course, mail clients like Yahoo! allow you to "block" the spammer if you configure it.
Ron, I have tried to delete a post from your profile, and do not have the permissions level to do so. You will have to ask an administrator to do so.
HFCG & Welcome back , drragostea :….1st ;…HFCG; ….I didn't think anyone but me could delete those posts….If they get too lenghthy I'll ask an administrator….Thanks for checking into that for me….drragostea:….You said "Erm. Is your e-mail client (Gmail, Hotmail, Yahoo!, for example) "Applecart"? " <<—- :rofl: ….. I got it !!! ….1st: I do not know what "Erm" means….2nd:….My ISP is NetZero & I use their "Message Center"…..There's only 3 settings…Off, Standard & Exclusive…I have it set on Standard……This is what Exclusive says:…. Exclusive: Except for messages from contacts in my Address Book, email addresses on the Do Not Block List or from NetZero, send all email to my Junk Mail folder .<——I copied that direct from Settings….That's all I have available rite now….
Erm means um If you spend the time to put the E-mail addresses of people who you want to get E-mail from in to your contacts the Exclusive will block any unwanted E-mails.
HFCG: Erm, OK… I surf the web quite a bit…A lot of the websites ask for my email address so they can send me a confirmation email ( as this site did when I first signed on ) , an activation email , or for other requested info…….Since I don't know their email address UNTIL I get it , using Exclusive would block them….Sooooo , this is a Catch-22…..It looks like I'll be using my "send to trash" feature a lot….I have used "Block Sender" But they keep comin & comin.. ( The Nigerians , etc..)…I'm only allowed 750 listings in the "Block Sender" catagory & I could fill it up rather quickly….So I'll live with it…You'da thunk that there would be a "Magic Bullet" that would stop any email addressed "Undisclosed Recipients"…..MANY THANKS to EVERYONE for ALL their efforts….I am outta here….Ron.M ………:popcorn:
Just a suggestion before you go, but I keep a second e-mail which I use for the sole purpose of activating accounts and such. Sort of like a one-time use e-mail. Then if it gets spammed to high heaven, I don't care as I just need to be able to find activation e-mails for new accounts and such.

Ask AI

AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date

Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI