This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Software

IE 11 shortcut for moving favourites

1 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Looking for the outcome? Ask AI

In IE9 & IE10, a favourite could be moved up, or down, using the alt+arrow keys.  This sadly doesn't work in IE11 and it's more than frustrating to find you've 'dropped' the said favourite a long way down that list of favourites and have to go looking for it again to start moving it all over again!!  Has anyone found another shortcut that works the same in IE11?  Please let me know.   

 

Thank you for reading and in advance for any replies.

hedley

Hi Ztrucker
Thanks for the reply. Yes, that's what I do and I usually lose or drop the shortcut long before I realize it and have to start moving it all over again, wasting more time than I'm saving really.

That's why I was looking for another way to move them. If you had a list half as long as mine you'd understand what I mean!

Thanks for your help and your time. Much appreciated.
hedley
Hi Ztrucker,
Thanks for your reply. Sorry to say, this does not work for me. Neither the cut, nor the paste.

Thanks again.
hedley

Are you using the ""organize function?

 

If you set up various folders within your Favorites then it makes things a lot easier and then as Rich says just drag and drop the items to their correct positions within the folders

Ask AI

AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date

Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI