Build Theme!
  •  
  • Infected?

WE'RE SURE THAT YOU'LL LOVE US!

Hey there! :wub: Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account. When you create an account, we remember exactly what you've read, so you always come right back where you left off. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. You can like posts to share the love. :D Join 91632 other members! Anybody can ask, anybody can answer. Consistently helpful members may be invited to become staff. Here's how it works. Virus cleanup? Start here -> Malware Removal Forum.

Try What the Tech -- It's free!

Photo

IE 11 shortcut for moving favourites

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 hedley93

hedley93

Silver Member

• Authentic Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 391 posts

Posted 14 June 2014 - 09:01 AM

In IE9 & IE10, a favourite could be moved up, or down, using the alt+arrow keys.  This sadly doesn't work in IE11 and it's more than frustrating to find you've 'dropped' the said favourite a long way down that list of favourites and have to go looking for it again to start moving it all over again!!  Has anyone found another shortcut that works the same in IE11?  Please let me know.   

Thank you for reading and in advance for any replies.

hedley

Advertisements

Register to Remove

#2 Ztruker

Ztruker

WTT Tech

• Tech Team
  • 7,774 posts
  • Interests:Helping people fix MS Windows related computer problems of all kinds.

Good, inexpensive wine (not an oxymoron).

Posted 14 June 2014 - 01:33 PM

Click and hold on the shortcut with the left mouse button then drag it wherever you want it.

Rich

Artificial intelligence is no match for natural stupidity.

#3 hedley93

hedley93

Silver Member

• Authentic Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 391 posts

Posted 16 June 2014 - 09:09 AM

Hi Ztrucker
Thanks for the reply. Yes, that's what I do and I usually lose or drop the shortcut long before I realize it and have to start moving it all over again, wasting more time than I'm saving really.

That's why I was looking for another way to move them. If you had a list half as long as mine you'd understand what I mean!

Thanks for your help and your time. Much appreciated.
hedley

#4 Ztruker

Ztruker

WTT Tech

• Tech Team
  • 7,774 posts
  • Interests:Helping people fix MS Windows related computer problems of all kinds.

Posted 16 June 2014 - 10:09 AM

Hmmm, how about using cut and paste. That works.

Rich

#5 hedley93

hedley93

Silver Member

• Authentic Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 391 posts

Posted 21 June 2014 - 12:14 PM

Hi Ztrucker,
Thanks for your reply. Sorry to say, this does not work for me. Neither the cut, nor the paste.

Thanks again.
hedley

#6 paws

paws

Tech Team

• Administrator
  • 5,914 posts

Posted 22 June 2014 - 04:09 AM

Are you using the ""organize function?

If you set up various folders within your Favorites then it makes things a lot easier and then as Rich says just drag and drop the items to their correct positions within the folders

The help you receive here is free. If you wish to show your appreciation, then you may donate to help keep us online. http://www.whatthetech.com/donate

#7 Ztruker

Ztruker

WTT Tech

• Tech Team
  • 7,774 posts

Posted 22 June 2014 - 03:10 PM

Did you open Favorites then click on the arrow next to Add to Favorites and select Organize Favorites? From there, cut and paste does work.

IE11Favs.jpg

Rich