Build Theme!
  •  
  • Infected?

WE'RE SURE THAT YOU'LL LOVE US!

Hey there! :wub: Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account. When you create an account, we remember exactly what you've read, so you always come right back where you left off. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. You can like posts to share the love. :D Join 93081 other members! Anybody can ask, anybody can answer. Consistently helpful members may be invited to become staff. Here's how it works. Virus cleanup? Start here -> Malware Removal Forum.

Try What the Tech -- It's free!

Photo

cannot install office 2013 shows errr 1406 [Closed]

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
4 replies to this topic

#1 hermon

hermon

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 14 May 2014 - 08:02 AM

i cannot install Microsoft office 2013 on laptop shows error 1406.

Also cannot access my C: User/application data file. It shows access denied.

I have not put any restrictions. Please assist me on resolving this issue.

Also many pop ups come while access internet.

Advertisements

Register to Remove

#2 LiquidTension

LiquidTension

SuperMember

• Retired Classroom Teacher
  • 2,566 posts

Posted 19 May 2014 - 06:24 AM

Hello hermon, welcome to WhatTheTech's Malware Removal forum!

My username is LiquidTension, but you can call me Adam. I will be assisting you with your malware-related problems.
If you would allow me to call you by your first name I would prefer that.  :)

======================================================

Important: I have laid out some "ground rules" I would very much appreciate you follow. Please read through the points below, to ensure this process moves as quickly and efficiently as possible.

• Please read through my instructions thoroughly, and ensure you carry out each step in the order specified.
  • Please do not post logs using the CODEQUOTE or ATTACHMENT format. Logs should be posted directly in plain text. If you receive an error whilst posting, please break the log in half and use multiple posts.
  • Please do not run any tools or take any steps other than those I provide for you. Independent efforts may make matters worse, and will affect my ability in ascertaining the current situation & providing the best set of instructions for you.
  • Ensure you are subscribed to this topic to receive instant email notifications of my responses.
    • ​Scroll to the top of this page and ensure you see the following: 6hgDYJ6.png
    • If you are not set to follow this topic, click the Follow this topic button and follow the prompts.
  • Please attempt to backup important documents before proceeding with my instructions.
  • If you come across any issues whilst following my instructions, please stop and inform me of the issue in as much detail as possible. Please do not hesitate to ask before you run anything.
  • Topics are locked if no response is made after 5 days. Please inform me if you will require additional time to complete my instructions.

Please be advised that I am currently in training. My responses will need to be approved by one of our experts before I post them. This is only to ensure you are receiving accurate instructions. I will return as soon as possible.

50QfLth.png

Would you like to help others with malware removal? Join our Classroom and learn how!

#3 LiquidTension

LiquidTension

SuperMember

• 2,566 posts

Posted 20 May 2014 - 06:43 AM

Hello hermon, 

The error with the installation of Microsoft Office 2013 is likely down to the permission issues you are experiencing with your appdata folder. Please run the following diagnostic scan so we can see what's causing these issues. 

STEP 1
xlK5Hdb.png Farbar Recovery Scan Tool (FRST) Scan

• Please download Farbar Recovery Scan Tool (x32) / Farbar Recovery Scan Tool (x64) and save the file to your desktop.
  • Note: Run the version compatible with your system. Run both if you do not know your system's bit-type. One will run.  
  • Windows XP: Double-click FRST.exe / FRST64.exe to run the programme.
    Windows 8/7/Vista: Right-Click FRST.exe / FRST64.exe and select AVOiBNU.jpg Run as administrator to run the programme.
  • Click Yes to the disclaimer.
  • Ensure the Addition.txt box is checked.
  • Click the Scan button and let the programme run.
  • Upon completion, click OK, then OK on the Addition.txt pop up screen.
  • Two logs (FRST.txt & Addition.txt) will now be open on your desktop. Copy the contents of both logs and paste in your next reply. 

STEP 2
pfNZP4A.png Logs
In your next reply please include the following logs. Please be sure to copy and paste the requested logs, as well as provide information on any questions I may have asked.

• FRST.txt
  • Addition.txt

50QfLth.png

Would you like to help others with malware removal? Join our Classroom and learn how!

#4 LiquidTension

LiquidTension

SuperMember

• 2,566 posts

Posted 24 May 2014 - 06:14 AM

Hello, 

I have not heard back from you in 3 days.

• Do you still require help?
  • If you require additional time to complete my instructions, please let me know.
  • If after 24 hours you have not replied to this thread it will have to be closed. 

50QfLth.png

#5 Conspire

Conspire

SuperHelper

• 5,806 posts

Posted 25 May 2014 - 08:36 AM

Due to inactivity this topic will be closed.
If you need help please start a new thread.

New members follow the instructions here http://forums.whatth...ed_t106388.html and start a new topic
Proud Graduate of the WTT Classroom
Member of UNITE
The help you receive here is always free. If you wish to show your appreciation, then you may Posted Image
Posted Image