This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Software

documents

1 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Looking for the outcome? Ask AI

Hello
Since the last update I cannot use my Documents as I used to  save them to flash drive. I tried not synching everything but they stay in Onedrive where I do not want them.
It seems like Google's drive which I do not trust.
Can I fix this?
Thank you

Hi Peter,
I had to do an install of Microsoft Office (Home and Student 2013 yesterday on a customer's new Win 8.1 machine and noticed that the default setting on for example Microsoft Word is to save documents to One drive(cloud)

Like a lot of folks(but obviously not all of them) my customer preferred to keep his documents on his own computer rather than elsewhere.

I showed him the setting in Word and he is more happy now that he can save to his "Documents" folder

If your Documents have ended up on the cloud, you should be able to move them over to your "Documents" folder.

When commissioning his new Win 8.1 machine I noticed other settings that indicated that stuff was to be saved to the cloud….. it seems that this is what Microsoft now wish to offer to their customers. There are of course considerable advantages to this approach…but alas, some disadvantages for some folks as well.

As always some folks will think this is a jolly good idea, whilst others will not be quite so keen on it but choices are available.

Hope this helps and apologies for late response.
Regards
paws

I noticed that when I went to OneDrive as Skydrive is now called,  there is an option to disable documents from being sent to Onedrive.

Thank you for replying and I hope others read this.

Ask AI

AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date

Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI