I have a Dell Laptop with Windows 8 operating system. When I type a response in an email [which is in the Yahoo.com screen] every word has a typo. When I type the same response in Microsoft word there are no typos. What could be happening?
typing problems
2 min read
That sounds like you need to check your using the correct dictionary, go into the email settings, the program directly not just in a specific reply, then look to see what dictionary is being used, I'm guessing it won't be the correct one, in which case change it to the one you need, with luck it should be as simple as this, hope it helps.
I'm trying to do as you suggest without success. I'm in the SETTINGS area of the yahoo.com/mail screen. I don't see anything that is related to a dictionary. Could you help me by elaborating a bit more what you were referring to and how I might find that in my Yahoo settings area?
I am limited as I don't use yahoo, that said my email merged with yahoo (Sky), so with luck some of what I see is the same as you do, I have not been able to see a spelling (dictionary) option so far, the best I have been able to find is when you are writing an email, you can click on the ABC icon to see a list of spelling languages, if you select your language in there it will check the spelling for that language, that may be a quick fix, but I fear it will need to be done every time.
The only other thing I can think of checking is the system language, I am wondering if that is wrong, the page will take it's (the browser) set language as the one to use for spelling maybe.
You don't mention what your working with, so I can only guide generally ATM, if you need more let me know what OS and browser you are using and I will be more detailed.
But go into your computers Control Panel, then open the Language icon, check that the correct language is selected in there, next click on Region and click the Location tab, and again make sure the correct language\location is set in there, also note on the Formats tab, there is a drop down box, make sure that shows what you need, mine is as in the attached screenshot.
This is under Windows 8.1 Pro, other OS's may\will vary in the specific names etc., but the labels will still be similar so you should still find these options in your control panel, but if you need more specific guidance let me know the details I asked for at the start, and I will do what I can for you.
What browser are you using? You can get 'add-ons' such as dictionaries that might have an auto-correct function on.
Using Chrome most of the time and IE when that doesn't seem to work; then Mozilla when neither of those work.
Ask AI
AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date
Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI