This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Software

files waiting to be written

7 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Looking for the outcome? Ask AI

I used Win 8.1 to burn a disc from NVidia. I had formatted the disc as mastered.

I let it complete and it said it was successful and was finishing so other pcs could read it. It then ejected. 

 

Now when I boot up I see, "Files are waiting to be burned". I checked the disc which has the right information and the pc which also has the same files.

 

Why am I seeing this advisory with each boot?

Thank you

TBH if you have saved and burnt what you want, just delete the files and forget about it, but do make sure the file names that it gives are not those of the physical files you dealt with first, what I see on my system is that a file called Desktop is always waiting to be burnt, should you have more than this showing, then you will need to remove them from the queue to get rid of the notifications, so go to your My Computer (as we know it) and see if you can go into the optical drive, or see if files are showing within it.

 

I can't specifically list how to do it, but if you move your cursor around the files, and take note of the entire window, you should at some point see a clue on how to remove them from the queue, if your lucky the quick option will be hovering over the top right corner of each file (assuming you can find these) you will see an x appear, just like closing your browser, click that to remove them, otherwise look for other clues, maybe post a screenshot if your still unable to figure it out and it may help me get an idea of what to do, but hopefully you will find it with this, hope it helps.

Yes, I did locate the file waiting and removed it. It is odd that it is was still there that is why I wrote but not all questions have answers.

The disc is fine as far as I can see and that is what counts. It was 220 MB which is sizable - NVidia. I am stockpiling all of my links etc. that I may need in the event of a clean install rather than going to the site and finding it gone.

 

Do you use your burner or Windows for burning files?

 

I noticed that Windows is synching big time and trying yo get everything into the OneDrive formerly SkyDrive.

I was practicing with Google's Chromebook features, The Drive, Gmail, document conversion etc. and it seems they both want everything in the Drive. I am still going to keep all in the pc and external hardrives.

I don't know who is peeking out there fro either company.

 

I guess their ideal idea is to have everything synched and defaulted to the Drive which is great in theory but allows for poor security -not that we have much at all anyway. JMHO Hope things are good across the pond.

I always use ImgBurn, it's free, it's lightweight, and has a sense of humour lol, if you don't fill out a bit of the details to be burnt (e.g. file name), it will do it for you and have a laugh in telling you, the sorts of burning I do make it simple, .iso's just double click to launch, and click to burn, files\folders you simply add them with a couple of clicks, then burn.

 

Music, and more specific files are still easy to burn, but I do it so little I always have to refresh my mind using one of it's many tutorials available under the Help button, the only thing that gives me the problems you have had is the windows burner\folder, when using ImgBurn I don't have such problems.

I never burned much before as I don't do music etc.

I tried Ashampoo years ago and for the most part it is easy.

I knew a lot of good users had ImgBurn but I was cautioned that it might be too hard for me. I watch a tutorial on ImgBurn and notice, for example there is a little check box to make a disc bootable. It is more complex but probably better than Ashampoo.

Perhaps I should watch some more tutorials on ImgBurn.

I think it has been pointed out that Windows may have a glitch.

Off to Google.

I think it has been pointed out that Windows may have a glitch.

Off to Google.

You appear to have a typo there, allow me to suggest an alternate for you;

 

I think it has been pointed out that Windows IS a glitch.

Sorry couldn't resist LOL, honestly though, we all know there are many "flaws" with Windows, but trying to nail them all down is a thankless task, credit to you trying to iron out such issues, but there comes a time when if m$ either haven't been able to, or bothered to sort such things, then it's a case of energy wasted, and as we both know our energy is a valuable commodity to us, so is best spent sorting things that can be done, but if it's simply therapy then it's all good, and if you do get to sort out Windows then send m$ a bill for the solutions you can offer lol. :yeah:

 

Anyway as far as ImgBurn goes Yes, it can really throw you through loops with burning certain things, but they have lots of good tutorials on their web site (found under the Help menu of the program), they cover burning pretty much anything, yes for many projects there are far less "complex" ways to do certain tasks.

 

Sometimes it is easier to use something else if you are unable to get it right, but if you want to burn an .iso, simply double click the file, this will jump up and is ready to burn the file with a single click (assuming it's the default burner), to burn files, it's not really that different to the way you would add files to a thumb drive, other formats may certainly require a learning curve, but they have good tutorials as I said, but then it's what you are used to.

I don't blame you for that remark - it was funny.

I was just told there will be a rollout in April but that it may not solve the problems Windows has now.

I think Gates is back to correct his tarnished image  - time will tell.

Although my Win 8.1 is running well, I feel like I am cornered with no place to go. If I make a move it may be a disaster. For that reason, I was thinking of going back to Win 7 where we had stability and my wife could learn more easily.

8 and 8.1 are fickle.

I would stick with 8.1 with your wife not being that "savvy" so to speak, there is such a big difference in the 2 OS's she would only be more confused when you had to move up to a newer OS (like the xp situation), think what it looked like to us as we had been so used to the old style, so IMHO it would be best to stay current, but you are there, so are best placed to choose what suits you best.

I think she will need help no matter what. I even resumed my AirLife Spirovent as my breathing was giving me a problem. This is what I used after thorax surgery. I had thought 7 might be easier than I guess you are right. I have not given up on the Chromebook for her.

Maybe I'll fake them all out and not croak that soon.

 

I read yesterday that Win 7 is used by 47% of the people who use pcs for whatever that is worth. I think it was very much like XP and ez to use.

 

We have the flu over here so I hope all is well across the pond. I don't have it as I think I have become immune to everything.

Daughter off to Argentina for 10 days while we sit for the grandchildren.

Just a quick heads up to RFID which is radio frequency ID and is a chip on many credit cards, You can ask to have it removed but it is going to be on all  cards soon. You only have to touch a pad to a pocketbook for example and the data is transferred. Then swiping it into a credit card creator you can make a credit card out of your library card for example.
They are selling sleeves but aluminum foil around the credit cards does the trick.

Thanks for the impute on Win 7 , I agree.

Also, thanks for the push to keep going. I have resumed climbing stairs a lot to regain my legs and my lung capacity so I don't go on oxygen.

Ask AI

AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date

Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI