Build Theme!
  •  
  • Infected?

WE'RE SURE THAT YOU'LL LOVE US!

Hey there! :wub: Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account. When you create an account, we remember exactly what you've read, so you always come right back where you left off. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. You can like posts to share the love. :D Join 93084 other members! Anybody can ask, anybody can answer. Consistently helpful members may be invited to become staff. Here's how it works. Virus cleanup? Start here -> Malware Removal Forum.

Try What the Tech -- It's free!

Photo

Microsoft outlook problem?

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 sinnead

sinnead

Silver Member

• Authentic Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 316 posts

Posted 07 February 2014 - 09:29 AM

Clipboard01.jpg

For the last 4-5 days when I open my desktop email I get this. I have to send an error report twice each time, and then wait at least a full minute for everything to finally start loading. Any ideas?

Advertisements

Register to Remove

#2 8210GUY

8210GUY

SuperMember

• Visiting Tech
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,284 posts
  • Interests:Hoping to die.

Posted 07 February 2014 - 11:36 AM

MobileMe Services is an Apple service, so you probably have an iPhone or something, from what I can see this service is apparently closed, and from what I can see the solution is to stop that service from running, I saw the following as one way to deal with this:-

Go to Tools, Trust Center, Addins - is the mobile me addin installed? If you have either itunes or an iphone and installed Apple's sync software, you have the mobile me software installed.

Disable it in the trust center by selecting the Go button at the bottom and unchecking it. Or unistall it in Control panel, Add/Remove programs.

This is not something I have ever come across, but it seems like an easy fix, as best I can see Apple now use iCloud for this element, and it's to do with few people actually having microsoft exchange accounts, so simply stopping\removing this element of Apples setup should sort it out, Outlook can be started in safe mode if needed.

Here is another possible helper for this, but try the above first, it's far better to simply stop or remove an element of something, than it is to start messing with settings that could unknowingly cause problems elsewhere, it is probably wise to create a restore point for peace of mind before you start, but hopefully you will be sorted after the above is followed, hope it helps.

Braindead

#3 sinnead

sinnead

Silver Member

• Authentic Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 316 posts

Posted 08 February 2014 - 02:45 PM

Go to Tools, Trust Center, Addins - is the mobile me addin installed? If you have either itunes or an iphone and installed Apple's sync software, you have the mobile me software installed.

Disable it in the trust center by selecting the Go button at the bottom and unchecking it. Or unistall it in Control panel, Add/Remove programs.

Before I do this, will that disable my accessing the email on my iphone? Because I do half my business that way.

#4 8210GUY

8210GUY

SuperMember

• Visiting Tech
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,284 posts

Posted 08 February 2014 - 06:44 PM

I honestly couldn't say, it's not something that I have dealt with before, but from what I have seen, they have simply moved it over to iCloud, and that is what they use now for this, so it "should" work according to the 1st link, and within that article is another link on how to backup your files from MobileMe.

But as you are still getting email ? it suggests that it will be using the iCloud now, but the MobileMe is still fighting to do what it was programmed to, even though the service no longer exists, which is why you're getting the errors from it, personally I would follow the guide they provide, and save all your stuff in there, just for peace of mind so you won't lose anything, also look into the iCloud settings, and see if there is anything like an import option, either from selected files (eg on the desktop), or from the MobileMe service, then once you're happy you have all the files\messages, remove the MobileMe part of the program.

I suggest making a restore point before starting, hopefully this will save the current state should it be needed, but as it's part of an email program I am not 100% that it would restore it, but even if the worst does happen, simply edit the existing mail accounts to use the iCloud, if your files are not in the iCloud when you do this, you should be able to simply import them back in, obviously it's up to you to decide, if it was me I would do it, because logically you can set it all back up again.

If you're worried about removing MobileMe incase it deletes your actual email account (some comments about this issue), this should not happen, just make sure you take in ALL info from the pages, as it "should" warn you if your deleting the account itself, or just that element from it, and Here is a guide that seems pretty good about backing up and migrating the MobileMe setup, which is what you have to do, so with a backup, and those instructions on how to do all this.

It looks pretty promising, you should be fine but, do keep an eye open for this sneaky check boxes that are often used, and if it says it will delete the account, then stop and deny it from doing that, but from what I can see, if you have a .me account, you will need to set up an alias for it, and then continue to run it from the cloud, that's all I can suggest anyway, hope something here helps.

Braindead

#5 sinnead

sinnead

Silver Member

• Authentic Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 316 posts

Posted 10 February 2014 - 09:43 AM

Thanks anyway! That computer fried yesterday. Had to hook up another one and have to deal with outlook express again :(

#6 8210GUY

8210GUY

SuperMember

• Visiting Tech
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,284 posts

Posted 10 February 2014 - 07:18 PM

Thanks for letting us know, hope you get back to what you were at some point, minus the problems.

Braindead