Build Theme!
  •  
  • Infected?

WE'RE SURE THAT YOU'LL LOVE US!

Hey there! :wub: Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account. When you create an account, we remember exactly what you've read, so you always come right back where you left off. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. You can like posts to share the love. :D Join 93083 other members! Anybody can ask, anybody can answer. Consistently helpful members may be invited to become staff. Here's how it works. Virus cleanup? Start here -> Malware Removal Forum.

Try What the Tech -- It's free!

Photo

Pictures wont display

• Please log in to reply
16 replies to this topic

#1 muznik

muznik

Authentic Member

• Authentic Member
  • PipPip
  • 68 posts

Posted 19 June 2008 - 04:43 PM

Hi. Im not sure if this is the right place to ask this question. If not could you point me in the right forum direction. My computer wont open some pictures in IE7 or outlook express. I sometimes get the thumbnail but when I try to open the big picture it just gives me the red box again. I did all the checks from the microsoft website and still no luck. And I did the cc cleaner aolso and no luck either. And I have tried firefox with the same results. My main problem (or the one I would like to fix most) is with www.cdcovers.cc. I t takes a long time to open the website and when i select a cover i can see the thumbnail but when it downloads to the big picture there is just a red x in a box. I use to be able to use this site no problems until one day it just started doing this. That was months ago though so no joy will come from a system restore and I had a malware issue Scotty helped me with so I dont want to go back before all that drama. I am able to use the site on my daughters computer IE6 with no problems. (It just very frustrating having to do it on hers and email it to me) Can anyone help me. PLEASEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Edited by muznik, 19 June 2008 - 06:04 PM.

muznik

Advertisements

Register to Remove

#2 Abydos

Abydos

WTT Tech Emeritus

• Authentic Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,736 posts

Posted 19 June 2008 - 09:52 PM

Hi Muznik

Lets see if we can fix that, so you can see pictures again.

First some basic steps, to see if the correct permissions are in place.

Open IE7, and check / do, the three following procedures:

Open Tools
Delete Browsing History
In Delete Browsing History, click Delete Files.

Open Tools
Internet Options, then Advanced tab
Verify that "Show Pictures" check box is selected in Multi-media

Open Tools
Internet options, click the security tab
Then click default level

What type of picture is it that you can't see? JPEG, BMP etc. (Right-click the picture to see what type it is)

A method to correct picture associations, is to download a picture of the same type, right-click it and choose
"Open With", then select a program on the list presented by windows or select a 3party viewer among your programs.

Regards Abydos

Abydos

Asking for Technical Help

Preventing Malware Slow PC? Recovery Console!

"I am not young enough to know everything" - Oscar Wilde

#3 muznik

muznik

Authentic Member

• Authentic Member
  • PipPip
  • 68 posts

Posted 19 June 2008 - 10:42 PM

Thanks for getting back to me.

Ok I did all those things again and no change still no pictures.

I can right click but only get show picture , go to my pictures, add to favourites and properties.

This is an example of what I get when I right click properties in a cover.

There is an icon before the Rocky-% but i cant copy it or find it anywhere else to put it on here. It i

(Icon) Rocky-%5Bcdcovers_cc%5D-front.jpg

Protocol: HyperText Transfer Protocol

Type: Not Available

Address: (URL) http://s2.cdcovers.c.....cc]-front.jpg

SIze: Not Available

Dimensions: 554 x 663 pixels

Created: Not Available

Modified: Not Available

Thanks
muznik

#4 muznik

muznik

Authentic Member

• Authentic Member
  • PipPip
  • 68 posts

Posted 19 June 2008 - 10:57 PM

Address of the sample i am giving you

http://www.cdcovers....205/front/rocky

Sorry this is the URL in the properties section. I missed a bit on the last post.

http://s2.cdcovers.c.....cc]-front.jpg
muznik

#5 Abydos

Abydos

WTT Tech Emeritus

• Authentic Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,736 posts

Posted 19 June 2008 - 11:02 PM

Hi Muznik Have you tried resetting IE7? Tools, Internet options Advanced Tab, In Reset Internet Explorer Settings, click Reset. Try see if you can view / download this test-picture (JPG) Test.JPG If you can, try the file-association once more. Regards Abydos

Abydos

#6 muznik

muznik

Authentic Member

• Authentic Member
  • PipPip
  • 68 posts

Posted 19 June 2008 - 11:19 PM

Hi. No I hadnt tried resetting IE7 so I did just now and still no change. I can see that picture in the last post. Seems only cdcovers.cc full pictures I have trouble seeing. :pullhair: Any other ideas. Thanks
muznik

#7 Abydos

Abydos

WTT Tech Emeritus

• Authentic Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,736 posts

Posted 19 June 2008 - 11:26 PM

Hi Muznik

I would like you to do the following:

Goto Start, click Run, then type: CMD in the white run-box.

A command-prompt will now open.

Type: Ipconfig /FlushDNS (Space between the *g* and the slash */*)
Press enter.
This will flush and reset your DNS revolver cache.

Re-start IE7
Then try see if you can view the picture.

By the way. The last link in your previous message, doesn't work for me either....(Using FireFox)

Regards Abydos

Edited by Abydos, 19 June 2008 - 11:27 PM.

Abydos

#8 muznik

muznik

Authentic Member

• Authentic Member
  • PipPip
  • 68 posts

Posted 19 June 2008 - 11:49 PM

Ok did that still no joy. I think I am just gonna have to keep using my daughters computer. Dont want to waste your time. Thanks. But if you do have any more ideas I would be happy to try them Thanks..........
muznik

#9 Abydos

Abydos

WTT Tech Emeritus

• Authentic Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,736 posts

Posted 20 June 2008 - 12:02 AM

Hi Muznik

You're not wasting my time, not at all.
Actually just got up from bed about 1˝ hour ago.

I can see you are located in Australia, so that makes
a time-difference of 12 hours +/- :)

Anyways, there are so many possible reasons as to why one cannot see
pictures. So sometimes, when not sitting in front of the machine,
its like shooting ducks in the dark ;)

Ok, we have tried the most common reasons.

Do you have any security programs / settings blocking for
Cookies? I ask, because Cc.Covers have this note on their site:

Cookies:
The new version makes extensive use of cookies in order to provide the best user experience available. Usually problems with cookies are identified when a user clicks on a thumbnail and the download page reloads again with thumbnails instead of the actual cover (you can see it in action by directly going to one of the download pages - http://www.cdcovers....98/front/borat).

Regards Abydos

Abydos

#10 muznik

muznik

Authentic Member

• Authentic Member
  • PipPip
  • 68 posts

Posted 20 June 2008 - 12:14 AM

Hi. Yeh timezones are different. At least you are up in our afternoon. When SCOTTY helped me with my malware problem I was sitting here at 2am in the morning. At least it is 4pm now. I am not aware of any cookie blocking programs I have. I have default security settings. I did the CC cleaner and when I reset IE7 it would have cleared all my cookies wouldnt it?
muznik

Advertisements

Register to Remove

#11 Abydos

Abydos

WTT Tech Emeritus

• Authentic Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,736 posts

Posted 20 June 2008 - 12:23 AM

Hi Muznik

I am aware you ran Ccleaner (read the topic you had with Scotty)
But that only cleanses for exisiting cookies. The problem here might
be allowing cookies.

Resetting IE7 security level to default will also allow cookies, unless its
3rd-party cookies (Invasive tracking cookies).

That leaves security programs, including Firewall.

Since you have Ccleaner installed, could you produce a install list, and
copy it here. I might be able to pick out the program(s) which might block
for cookies.

In Ccleaner:

Goto Tools
In the lower right corner, theres a radio-button named: Save to text file
Click it, and save the text on your desktop, copy the contents of that text here.

Regards Abydos

Abydos

#12 muznik

muznik

Authentic Member

• Authentic Member
  • PipPip
  • 68 posts

Posted 20 June 2008 - 12:25 AM

Thanks. My Firewall is XP And this is the uninstall list from CC Cleaner. By the way Ad Aware was there again this morning and I uninstalled it. Dont know whether that has anything to do with it. ( BTW I never reinstalled it after I got rid of it with Scotty) µTorrent 3D Groove Playback Engine Adobe Flash Player ActiveX Adobe Reader 7.1.0 Adobe Shockwave Player 11 Adobe® Photoshop® Album Starter Edition 3.0 Adobe® Photoshop® Album Starter Edition 3.0.1 Ares 2.0.9 Avanquest update Avery Wizard 3.1 Avira AntiVir Personal – Free Antivirus AVS DVD Copy version 1.4 AVS DVD to GO 1.5.1 AVS DVDMenu Editor 1.2.1.19 AVS Video Converter 5.6 AVS4YOU Software Navigator 1.2 Big Fish Games Client BigPond Broadband Cable Self Install Kit Bink and Smacker Bonjour Camp Funshine: Carrie the Caregiver 3 Canon CanoScan Toolbox 4.9 Canon Digital Camera RS-232C TWAIN Driver Canon Digital Camera USB Driver Canon iP5200 Canon PhotoRecord Canon ScanGear Starter Canon Setup Utility 2.0 Canon Utilities Easy-PhotoPrint Canon Utilities Easy-PrintToolBox Canon Utilities PhotoStitch 3.1 Canon Utilities RAW Image Converter Canon Utilities RemoteCapture 1.4 Canon Utilities ZoomBrowser EX Cashflow Manager 2004 CCleaner (remove only) CDBurnerXP Pro 3 CD-LabelPrint Click'N Design 3D (V5) Common-Use Signing Interface Conexant SmartHSFi V92 56K DF PCI Modem D-Link DSL-302G USB Driver DVD Solution Easy Cover Design Pro 2.09 Easy-WebPrint Farm Frenzy FaxTools Free iPod Video Converter 1.34 Google Earth Google SketchUp 6 Greetings Workshop Deluxe HijackThis 2.0.2 Ice Cream Dee Lites Intel® PRO Network Adapters and Drivers IsoBuster 2.1 Java™ 6 Update 6 Kaspersky Online Scanner K-Lite Codec Pack KODAK Picture CD Volume 2 Issue 3-International English Laugh & Learn™ LG ODD Auto Firmware Update Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware Microsoft Compression Client Pack 1.0 for Windows XP Microsoft LifeCam Microsoft Office Professional Edition 2003 Microsoft User-Mode Driver Framework Feature Pack 1.0 Microsoft Visual C++ 2005 Redistributable Microsoft Web Publishing Wizard 1.52 Motorola Driver Installation Motorola Phone Tools MSXML 4.0 SP2 (KB925672) MSXML 4.0 SP2 (KB927978) MSXML 4.0 SP2 (KB936181) MSXML 6.0 Parser (KB933579) Multimedia Launcher Nero 6 Ultra Edition Netbet Pro NETGEAR WG111v2 wireless USB 2.0 adapter Nokia Connectivity Cable Driver Nokia PC Connectivity Solution Nokia PC Suite NVIDIA Drivers Pet Shop Hop PokerRoom.com (remove only) PokerStars PowerDVD PowerProducer Print@Kodak Internet Print Service for XP Print@Kodak Network PrintMaster 7.00 QuickTime ReaConverter 4.0 Pro Revo Uninstaller 1.60 Serif DrawPlus 3.0 Sherlock Holmes: The Mystery of the Persian Carpet Sound Blaster Live! SpywareBlaster 4.0 Supermarket Mania The Lost Cases of Sherlock Holmes The Secret of Margrave Manor Ulead Video ToolBox 2.0 Plus Nokia Edition Virtools 3D Life Player Windows Driver Package - 2Wire (2WIREPCP) Net (09/18/2002 1.4.0.5) Windows Driver Package - Nokia Modem (06/12/2006 6.81.0.21) Windows Live installer Windows Live Messenger Windows Live OneCare safety scanner Windows Live Sign-in Assistant Windows Media Encoder 9 Series Windows Media Format 11 runtime Windows Media Player 11 WinISO 5.3 WinPatrol 2008 XviD MPEG-4 Codec

Edited by muznik, 20 June 2008 - 12:28 AM.

muznik

#13 Abydos

Abydos

WTT Tech Emeritus

• Authentic Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,736 posts

Posted 20 June 2008 - 12:45 AM

Hi Muznik

There is one program that will actively block Cookies.

And that is SpywareBlaster.

What that also means, is that according to SpywareBlaster, those Cookies
are labeled 3rd-party cookies, tracking cookies, which are treated as Spyware.

So, you have to decide if you want those cookies or not. Those cookies are
invasive, tracking your movement on the web. Recording which sites you go to,
what you are interested in, etc. etc. They can't harm actively. They are used by
clients to present targeted AD's that suits your behavior and interests on the web.
Mostly that is. Some 3rd-party cookies are more nasty than others.
To disable Cookie tracking in SpywareBlaster

Scroll down to entry number 4 on the list / explanation.
Theres a guide how to disable tracking cookies.

Do note, that I personally don't find this adviceable!

Regards Abydos

Abydos

#14 Abydos

Abydos

WTT Tech Emeritus

• Authentic Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,736 posts

Posted 20 June 2008 - 12:50 AM

Hmmm

Just saw you have WinPatrol 2008 as well.

For managing cookies in WinPatrol, use this guide:

WinPatrol Cookie Guide

Regards Abydos

Abydos

#15 muznik

muznik

Authentic Member

• Authentic Member
  • PipPip
  • 68 posts

Posted 20 June 2008 - 12:50 AM

I have only had spywareblaster a week or so when Scotty recommended it to me. I have had this display problem with cdcovers for MONTHSSSSSSSSSSSSSS. Just FYI
muznik