Software
Pictures wont display
8 min read
muznik
Topic Starter
Hi. Im not sure if this is the right place to ask this question. If not could you point me in the right forum direction.
My computer wont open some pictures in IE7 or outlook express. I sometimes get the thumbnail but when I try to open the big picture it just gives me the red box again.
I did all the checks from the microsoft website and still no luck. And I did the cc cleaner aolso and no luck either. And I have tried firefox with the same results.
My main problem (or the one I would like to fix most) is with www.cdcovers.cc. I
t takes a long time to open the website and when i select a cover i can see the thumbnail but when it downloads to the big picture there is just a red x in a box.
I use to be able to use this site no problems until one day it just started doing this. That was months ago though so no joy will come from a system restore and I had a malware issue Scotty helped me with so I dont want to go back before all that drama.
I am able to use the site on my daughters computer IE6 with no problems. (It just very frustrating having to do it on hers and email it to me)
Can anyone help me.
PLEASEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
Abydos
Hi Muznik
Lets see if we can fix that, so you can see pictures again.
First some basic steps, to see if the correct permissions are in place.
Open IE7, and check / do, the three following procedures:
Open Tools
Delete Browsing History
In Delete Browsing History, click Delete Files.
Open Tools
Internet Options, then Advanced tab
Verify that "Show Pictures" check box is selected in Multi-media
Open Tools
Internet options, click the security tab
Then click default level
What type of picture is it that you can't see? JPEG, BMP etc. (Right-click the picture to see what type it is)
A method to correct picture associations, is to download a picture of the same type, right-click it and choose
"Open With", then select a program on the list presented by windows or select a 3party viewer among your programs.
Regards Abydos
Lets see if we can fix that, so you can see pictures again.
First some basic steps, to see if the correct permissions are in place.
Open IE7, and check / do, the three following procedures:
Open Tools
Delete Browsing History
In Delete Browsing History, click Delete Files.
Open Tools
Internet Options, then Advanced tab
Verify that "Show Pictures" check box is selected in Multi-media
Open Tools
Internet options, click the security tab
Then click default level
What type of picture is it that you can't see? JPEG, BMP etc. (Right-click the picture to see what type it is)
A method to correct picture associations, is to download a picture of the same type, right-click it and choose
"Open With", then select a program on the list presented by windows or select a 3party viewer among your programs.
Regards Abydos
muznik
Thanks for getting back to me.
Ok I did all those things again and no change still no pictures.
I can right click but only get show picture , go to my pictures, add to favourites and properties.
This is an example of what I get when I right click properties in a cover.
There is an icon before the Rocky-% but i cant copy it or find it anywhere else to put it on here. It i
(Icon) Rocky-%5Bcdcovers_cc%5D-front.jpg
Protocol: HyperText Transfer Protocol
Type: Not Available
Address: (URL) http://s2.cdcovers.cc/90ce5457ca406825ee34…cc%5D-front.jpg
SIze: Not Available
Dimensions: 554 x 663 pixels
Created: Not Available
Modified: Not Available
Thanks
Ok I did all those things again and no change still no pictures.
I can right click but only get show picture , go to my pictures, add to favourites and properties.
This is an example of what I get when I right click properties in a cover.
There is an icon before the Rocky-% but i cant copy it or find it anywhere else to put it on here. It i
(Icon) Rocky-%5Bcdcovers_cc%5D-front.jpg
Protocol: HyperText Transfer Protocol
Type: Not Available
Address: (URL) http://s2.cdcovers.cc/90ce5457ca406825ee34…cc%5D-front.jpg
SIze: Not Available
Dimensions: 554 x 663 pixels
Created: Not Available
Modified: Not Available
Thanks
muznik
Address of the sample i am giving you
http://www.cdcovers.cc/view/90205/front/rocky
Sorry this is the URL in the properties section. I missed a bit on the last post.
http://s2.cdcovers.cc/90ce5457ca406825ee34…cc%5D-front.jpg
http://www.cdcovers.cc/view/90205/front/rocky
Sorry this is the URL in the properties section. I missed a bit on the last post.
http://s2.cdcovers.cc/90ce5457ca406825ee34…cc%5D-front.jpg
Abydos
Hi Muznik
Have you tried resetting IE7?
Tools, Internet options
Advanced Tab,
In Reset Internet Explorer Settings, click Reset.
Try see if you can view / download this test-picture (JPG)
Test.JPG
If you can, try the file-association once more.
Regards Abydos
muznik
Hi. No I hadnt tried resetting IE7 so I did just now and still no change.
I can see that picture in the last post.
Seems only cdcovers.cc full pictures I have trouble seeing.
Any other ideas.
Thanks
Abydos
Hi Muznik
I would like you to do the following:
Goto Start, click Run, then type: CMD in the white run-box.
A command-prompt will now open.
Type: Ipconfig /FlushDNS (Space between the *g* and the slash */*)
Press enter.
This will flush and reset your DNS revolver cache.
Re-start IE7
Then try see if you can view the picture.
By the way. The last link in your previous message, doesn't work for me either….(Using FireFox)
Regards Abydos
I would like you to do the following:
Goto Start, click Run, then type: CMD in the white run-box.
A command-prompt will now open.
Type: Ipconfig /FlushDNS (Space between the *g* and the slash */*)
Press enter.
This will flush and reset your DNS revolver cache.
Re-start IE7
Then try see if you can view the picture.
By the way. The last link in your previous message, doesn't work for me either….(Using FireFox)
Regards Abydos
muznik
Ok did that still no joy.
I think I am just gonna have to keep using my daughters computer.
Dont want to waste your time.
Thanks.
But if you do have any more ideas I would be happy to try them
Thanks……….
Abydos
Hi Muznik
You're not wasting my time, not at all.
Actually just got up from bed about 1½ hour ago.
I can see you are located in Australia, so that makes
a time-difference of 12 hours +/-
Anyways, there are so many possible reasons as to why one cannot see
pictures. So sometimes, when not sitting in front of the machine,
its like shooting ducks in the dark
Ok, we have tried the most common reasons.
Do you have any security programs / settings blocking for
Cookies? I ask, because Cc.Covers have this note on their site:
Regards Abydos
You're not wasting my time, not at all.
Actually just got up from bed about 1½ hour ago.
I can see you are located in Australia, so that makes
a time-difference of 12 hours +/-
Anyways, there are so many possible reasons as to why one cannot see
pictures. So sometimes, when not sitting in front of the machine,
its like shooting ducks in the dark
Ok, we have tried the most common reasons.
Do you have any security programs / settings blocking for
Cookies? I ask, because Cc.Covers have this note on their site:
Cookies:
The new version makes extensive use of cookies in order to provide the best user experience available. Usually problems with cookies are identified when a user clicks on a thumbnail and the download page reloads again with thumbnails instead of the actual cover (you can see it in action by directly going to one of the download pages - http://www.cdcovers.cc/view/21498/front/borat).
Regards Abydos
muznik
Hi.
Yeh timezones are different. At least you are up in our afternoon. When SCOTTY helped me with my malware problem I was sitting here at 2am in the morning. At least it is 4pm now.
I am not aware of any cookie blocking programs I have. I have default security settings.
I did the CC cleaner and when I reset IE7 it would have cleared all my cookies wouldnt it?
Abydos
Hi Muznik
I am aware you ran Ccleaner (read the topic you had with Scotty)
But that only cleanses for exisiting cookies. The problem here might
be allowing cookies.
Resetting IE7 security level to default will also allow cookies, unless its
3rd-party cookies (Invasive tracking cookies).
That leaves security programs, including Firewall.
Since you have Ccleaner installed, could you produce a install list, and
copy it here. I might be able to pick out the program(s) which might block
for cookies.
In Ccleaner:
Goto Tools
In the lower right corner, theres a radio-button named: Save to text file
Click it, and save the text on your desktop, copy the contents of that text here.
Regards Abydos
I am aware you ran Ccleaner (read the topic you had with Scotty)
But that only cleanses for exisiting cookies. The problem here might
be allowing cookies.
Resetting IE7 security level to default will also allow cookies, unless its
3rd-party cookies (Invasive tracking cookies).
That leaves security programs, including Firewall.
Since you have Ccleaner installed, could you produce a install list, and
copy it here. I might be able to pick out the program(s) which might block
for cookies.
In Ccleaner:
Goto Tools
In the lower right corner, theres a radio-button named: Save to text file
Click it, and save the text on your desktop, copy the contents of that text here.
Regards Abydos
muznik
Thanks.
My Firewall is XP
And this is the uninstall list from CC Cleaner. By the way Ad Aware was there again this morning and I uninstalled it. Dont know whether that has anything to do with it. ( BTW I never reinstalled it after I got rid of it with Scotty)
µTorrent
3D Groove Playback Engine
Adobe Flash Player ActiveX
Adobe Reader 7.1.0
Adobe Shockwave Player 11
Adobe® Photoshop® Album Starter Edition 3.0
Adobe® Photoshop® Album Starter Edition 3.0.1
Ares 2.0.9
Avanquest update
Avery Wizard 3.1
Avira AntiVir Personal – Free Antivirus
AVS DVD Copy version 1.4
AVS DVD to GO 1.5.1
AVS DVDMenu Editor 1.2.1.19
AVS Video Converter 5.6
AVS4YOU Software Navigator 1.2
Big Fish Games Client
BigPond Broadband Cable Self Install Kit
Bink and Smacker
Bonjour
Camp Funshine: Carrie the Caregiver 3
Canon CanoScan Toolbox 4.9
Canon Digital Camera RS-232C TWAIN Driver
Canon Digital Camera USB Driver
Canon iP5200
Canon PhotoRecord
Canon ScanGear Starter
Canon Setup Utility 2.0
Canon Utilities Easy-PhotoPrint
Canon Utilities Easy-PrintToolBox
Canon Utilities PhotoStitch 3.1
Canon Utilities RAW Image Converter
Canon Utilities RemoteCapture 1.4
Canon Utilities ZoomBrowser EX
Cashflow Manager 2004
CCleaner (remove only)
CDBurnerXP Pro 3
CD-LabelPrint
Click'N Design 3D (V5)
Common-Use Signing Interface
Conexant SmartHSFi V92 56K DF PCI Modem
D-Link DSL-302G USB Driver
DVD Solution
Easy Cover Design Pro 2.09
Easy-WebPrint
Farm Frenzy
FaxTools
Free iPod Video Converter 1.34
Google Earth
Google SketchUp 6
Greetings Workshop Deluxe
HijackThis 2.0.2
Ice Cream Dee Lites
Intel® PRO Network Adapters and Drivers
IsoBuster 2.1
Java™ 6 Update 6
Kaspersky Online Scanner
K-Lite Codec Pack
KODAK Picture CD Volume 2 Issue 3-International English
Laugh & Learn™
LG ODD Auto Firmware Update
Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware
Microsoft Compression Client Pack 1.0 for Windows XP
Microsoft LifeCam
Microsoft Office Professional Edition 2003
Microsoft User-Mode Driver Framework Feature Pack 1.0
Microsoft Visual C++ 2005 Redistributable
Microsoft Web Publishing Wizard 1.52
Motorola Driver Installation
Motorola Phone Tools
MSXML 4.0 SP2 (KB925672)
MSXML 4.0 SP2 (KB927978)
MSXML 4.0 SP2 (KB936181)
MSXML 6.0 Parser (KB933579)
Multimedia Launcher
Nero 6 Ultra Edition
Netbet Pro
NETGEAR WG111v2 wireless USB 2.0 adapter
Nokia Connectivity Cable Driver
Nokia PC Connectivity Solution
Nokia PC Suite
NVIDIA Drivers
Pet Shop Hop
PokerRoom.com (remove only)
PokerStars
PowerDVD
PowerProducer
Print@Kodak Internet Print Service for XP
Print@Kodak Network
PrintMaster 7.00
QuickTime
ReaConverter 4.0 Pro
Revo Uninstaller 1.60
Serif DrawPlus 3.0
Sherlock Holmes: The Mystery of the Persian Carpet
Sound Blaster Live!
SpywareBlaster 4.0
Supermarket Mania
The Lost Cases of Sherlock Holmes
The Secret of Margrave Manor
Ulead Video ToolBox 2.0 Plus Nokia Edition
Virtools 3D Life Player
Windows Driver Package - 2Wire (2WIREPCP) Net (09/18/2002 1.4.0.5)
Windows Driver Package - Nokia Modem (06/12/2006 6.81.0.21)
Windows Live installer
Windows Live Messenger
Windows Live OneCare safety scanner
Windows Live Sign-in Assistant
Windows Media Encoder 9 Series
Windows Media Format 11 runtime
Windows Media Player 11
WinISO 5.3
WinPatrol 2008
XviD MPEG-4 Codec
Abydos
Hi Muznik
There is one program that will actively block Cookies.
And that is SpywareBlaster.
What that also means, is that according to SpywareBlaster, those Cookies
are labeled 3rd-party cookies, tracking cookies, which are treated as Spyware.
So, you have to decide if you want those cookies or not. Those cookies are
invasive, tracking your movement on the web. Recording which sites you go to,
what you are interested in, etc. etc. They can't harm actively. They are used by
clients to present targeted AD's that suits your behavior and interests on the web.
Mostly that is. Some 3rd-party cookies are more nasty than others.
To disable Cookie tracking in SpywareBlaster
Scroll down to entry number 4 on the list / explanation.
Theres a guide how to disable tracking cookies.
Do note, that I personally don't find this adviceable!
Regards Abydos
There is one program that will actively block Cookies.
And that is SpywareBlaster.
What that also means, is that according to SpywareBlaster, those Cookies
are labeled 3rd-party cookies, tracking cookies, which are treated as Spyware.
So, you have to decide if you want those cookies or not. Those cookies are
invasive, tracking your movement on the web. Recording which sites you go to,
what you are interested in, etc. etc. They can't harm actively. They are used by
clients to present targeted AD's that suits your behavior and interests on the web.
Mostly that is. Some 3rd-party cookies are more nasty than others.
To disable Cookie tracking in SpywareBlaster
Scroll down to entry number 4 on the list / explanation.
Theres a guide how to disable tracking cookies.
Do note, that I personally don't find this adviceable!
Regards Abydos
Abydos
Hmmm
Just saw you have WinPatrol 2008 as well.
For managing cookies in WinPatrol, use this guide:
WinPatrol Cookie Guide
Regards Abydos
Just saw you have WinPatrol 2008 as well.
For managing cookies in WinPatrol, use this guide:
WinPatrol Cookie Guide
Regards Abydos
muznik
I have only had spywareblaster a week or so when Scotty recommended it to me.
I have had this display problem with cdcovers for MONTHSSSSSSSSSSSSSS. Just FYI
Ask AI
AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date
Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI