Build Theme!
  •  
  • Infected?

WE'RE SURE THAT YOU'LL LOVE US!

Hey there! :wub: Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account. When you create an account, we remember exactly what you've read, so you always come right back where you left off. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. You can like posts to share the love. :D Join 93084 other members! Anybody can ask, anybody can answer. Consistently helpful members may be invited to become staff. Here's how it works. Virus cleanup? Start here -> Malware Removal Forum.

Try What the Tech -- It's free!

Photo

No scroll arrows in Chrome

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 Wheelbig

Wheelbig

• Authentic Member
  • Pip
  • 19 posts

Posted 02 February 2014 - 12:55 PM

I no longer have arrows to scroll a webpage up or down.  I think it started with the last update.  The only way to scroll a webpage up or down now is to drag the slider on the far right up or down.  Am I the only one?

Advertisements

Register to Remove

#2 Ztruker

Ztruker

WTT Technical Elder

• Tech Team
  • 8,292 posts
  • Interests:Helping people fix MS Windows related computer problems of all kinds.

Waking each morning to see the green side of the Earth!

Posted 02 February 2014 - 01:52 PM

Is it only Chrome or does this also happen in IE or Firefox? If just Chrome, uninstall it, reboot and install the latest version, see if that helps.

Rich

Die with memories, not dreams. – Unknown

#3 Tomk

Tomk

Beguilement Monitor

• Global Moderator
  • 20,451 posts

Posted 02 February 2014 - 05:24 PM

It's a known issue in Chrome.  Google is working on it.

http://news.cnet.com...croll-controls/

https://productforum...xdE[1-25-false]

Tomk
------------------------------------------------------------
Microsoft MVP 2010-2014

#4 Wheelbig

Wheelbig

• Authentic Member
  • Pip
  • 19 posts

Posted 03 February 2014 - 01:55 PM

Wow TK you're all over these boards.  Thanks for the info, I thought it was just me.  I suppose going right to the google boards would have made too much sense.  As long as I have your eyes, do you recommend using a hosts file?

#5 Tomk

Tomk

Beguilement Monitor

• Global Moderator
  • 20,451 posts

Posted 03 February 2014 - 02:34 PM

I adds another layer to your protection so I'm generally in favor of it.  You can read more about the MVPS custom file here:  http://winhelp2002.mvps.org/hosts.htm

Wow TK you're all over these boards.

Mostly I'm just nosy.  Your in much more knowledgeable hands on this part of the forum with the Tech Team... but when I recognize a poster... I have to look. :)

Tomk
Microsoft MVP 2010-2014

#6 Wheelbig

Wheelbig

• Authentic Member
  • Pip
  • 19 posts

Posted 03 February 2014 - 05:34 PM

I used to use mvps on all the computers in the house but the wife complained about to many links getting blocked.  She would be on dealnews.com or some other shopping site and when you click those links they get blocked at sites like ad.doubleclick.com.  Without the hosts file, clicking the links goes right through to the store that has the sale.  So I left it off her new computer.  It could have prevented her from getting the virus you helped me get rid of for all I know.  

#7 Tomk

Tomk

Beguilement Monitor

• Global Moderator
  • 20,451 posts

Posted 03 February 2014 - 05:40 PM

And that is exactly why people don't use the custom hosts file.  They like to click on the ad links.  The "catch 22" is that clicking on ads is the way to pick up alot of unpleasant things. :rant2:

Tomk
Microsoft MVP 2010-2014

#8 Wheelbig

Wheelbig

• Authentic Member
  • Pip
  • 19 posts

Posted 03 February 2014 - 05:48 PM

I think now that she's had an infected computer, she'll be more receptive to the idea.