This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
What the Tech Community

New guy on the block - printer icons disappearing

1 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Hi, referred here a bit of a tech phobe. My printer icons for my Canon image class laser printer and Epson all in one printer disappear from time to time. Once they disappear, I unplug my linksys router and then shut down the computer for like 10 to 15 mins. Then plug in router and turn on computer. Sometimes when I boot it up, the icons come back…sometimes it doesn't work and I repeat the process (4-5 times) until it works or I shut it down for the night. No rhyme or reason why it occurs. I have had printers the past four years. Once I got new desktop last winter, things got wonky with printer icons disappearing. Frustrating. Can someone help me?
Hi danohuang, As power cycling your router seems to help then it looks like you need to set a static IP address for your printers.(if you are connecting them via Ethernet)

Try this and let us know how you get on
Regards
paws

I was wondering if you or someone else could explain how to set up a static IP address for my printers?  I use a Canon image class 4100 and Epson Workforce 320 as printers.