This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
What the Tech Community

Glad to meet you

1 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

First, let me clarify that I have no connection with central Europe – I just like the name Ygnatz.  Here is the nickel tour:

 

I’m in my mid-60’s and my Family of Unusual Size is nearly all grown up.  I have done over 30 different kinds of work since high-school, and have completed about 13 years of post-secondary education (if you include the Electrician apprenticeship).  In my mid-fifties, I was injured and went back to school for a MS in Rehabilitation Counseling.  In this role, I work with people who’ve become disabled and need to change careers.  I provide them with vocational guidance, resume help, interviewing skills, etc.  Society now calls me a “qualified vocational expert” (if there really is such a thing).   Yeah, a company actually pays me to do this for people.

 

I enjoy working with people, but my relationship with computers is somewhat strained.  My first computer was a PC Jr., and I’ve never really healed from that experience.  I joined the WTT community because I need technical help from time to time.  In return, all I really have to offer is a silly sense of humor, a listening ear, and, of course, my own perspectives on career/family dynamics. 

 

Warm regards.

Hi Ygnatz and a very warm welcome to the What the tech forums…
There's a lot to see here so take a while, have a good look around, and if you need anything… just ask!

I posted a reply in your "Spooky topic", and didn't know at that time about your electrical experience…so forgive me for my comments ab0out matters electrical and heat etc…
We are a pretty friendly bunch here, so welcome contributions from all members….. its just the malware (virus spyware issues and forum) where we restrict the providing of advice to those who have been pre-approved. (its all to do with preventing damage to folks computers as malware can be tricky chaps to deal with!
Regards
paws