Build Theme!
  •  
  • Infected?

WE'RE SURE THAT YOU'LL LOVE US!

Hey there! :wub: Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account. When you create an account, we remember exactly what you've read, so you always come right back where you left off. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. You can like posts to share the love. :D Join 93085 other members! Anybody can ask, anybody can answer. Consistently helpful members may be invited to become staff. Here's how it works. Virus cleanup? Start here -> Malware Removal Forum.

Try What the Tech -- It's free!

Photo

internet connection fails randomly

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 tracey222

tracey222

• Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 14 July 2005 - 07:06 PM

:scratch: ok, here's the thing, its not my modem because that is fine (laptop works) every other time or so, i have to repair my network connection. tried safe mode, reboot, unplugged everything, etc. THIS TIME, I CAN'T FIX IT AFTER SPYBOT, TROJAN DETECTOR, FULL SYS SCAN, adaware, etc. help plese!

Advertisements

Register to Remove

#2 rand1038

rand1038

Take over your PC or someone else will.

• Authentic Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,100 posts

Posted 16 July 2005 - 09:37 AM

Please follow the instructions in this post as we need to know what Windows operating system and other relevant software you are running.
Everyone gets specific instructions, disregard what you don't need.
I don't know your skill level.

"I would rather be bruised by the truth than caressed by lies."

The help you receive here is free.
If you can
please help keep us online by donating.

Posted Image

#3 tracey222

tracey222

• Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 16 July 2005 - 01:51 PM

Logfile of HijackThis v1.99.1 Scan saved at 12:44:34 PM, on 7/16/2005 Platform: Windows XP SP1 (WinNT 5.01.2600) MSIE: Internet Explorer v6.00 SP1 (6.00.2800.1106) It hapens once in a while when I reboot and appears to be random. Maybe 25% occurence on reboot. No new stuff, I ran the spyware programs I have installed before the log.

#4 rand1038

rand1038

Take over your PC or someone else will.

• Authentic Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,100 posts

Posted 16 July 2005 - 09:12 PM

Are you running a firewall? Have you checked your network cables, they are often the cause of this type of problem.
Copy the contents of the code box to a plain text document and save it to your desktop as PING.BAT. Double click it to run it. When it finishes (the command window will close) open the new Results.txt file you will find on your desktop and paste the entire contents as a reply here.
@echo off
SetLocal
ipconfig /flushdns
set out=results.txt
echo ...
echo *** If your firewall asks about ping.exe allow it to connect ***
ping localhost > %out%
ping www.google.com >> %out%
ping 64.233.167.104 >> %out%
EndLocal
exit

Everyone gets specific instructions, disregard what you don't need.
I don't know your skill level.

"I would rather be bruised by the truth than caressed by lies."

The help you receive here is free.
If you can
please help keep us online by donating.

Posted Image